PDA

View Full Version : First Aid & ICP

girlface
24-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Hiya,

I've just completed the First Aid course and have been left feeling a tad confused.

I've been on Eureka and St Johns Supplies yet after being told not to use latex or powdered gloves, both sites are selling them ?!

I still cant find a definitive list of what I will need in there and how many I will need - I know I will need a Kit at home and a Travel Kit as well.

Can anyone advise me please? Im also seeing about doing a more intensive course as I dont feel like I know enough yet, has anyone else done this?

The ICP course - the cost is £195 - do I have to pay this myself?

Thankyou in advance.

Mookins
25-07-2010, 08:47 AM
hI HUN.....

As far as i know but it depends on the area...the icp course i went on was free...BUT if you didnt turn up then you were charged the full cost and the same for the first aid
as for the gloves,,, i cant remember being told no to the powdered ones i may be wrong though...

theres usually a list given on your icp course of whats to be in the first aid kit am sure theres a list on here somewhere will have a loook to see if i can find it.

best bet about the icp course is to contact the provider and ask.....ours was through childminding matters in my area but all paperwork and fees if charged was to go to my local council x x x

rickysmiths
25-07-2010, 11:22 AM
The powderd gloves can cause irritation to you and the children you are changing. Quite a lot of people are allergic to laytex.

I would suggest you look at the NCMA web site they do good First Aid Kits which are designed to suit Childminders and saves you having to hunt around for bits.