PDA

View Full Version : Fakenham, Norfolk...

RachelE
24-07-2010, 03:09 PM
... we are off there 3 weeks today in our caravan.

Was wondering if any of you ladies have any must see places around the north norfolk area?

We'll be there for 2 weeks and love getting out and about.

Would like any good park reccommendations - swings etc.
Is there a park in North Norfolk with a water play type thing? (not sure what to call it! :blush: ) Like a soft surface with water fountains?

We love walking, cycling and pubs!!

Thanks for any tips!

On a count down now!

Rachel x

wellybelly
24-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Sandringham

Cromer - Beech and Crabbing in the rock pools

Sheringham - Sea Life Centre

Other lovley beeches are all located in north Norfolk but are very quiet

Have fun x

christine e
25-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Wells next the sea! Lovely unspoilt place, great for crabing, lovely little shops and a little train runs from the village to the beach. When we were there once a seal came in close to the shoreline and we followed it down to the harbour. Have always fancied doing the seal trip at Blakney
http://www.beansboattrips.co.uk/
My sister lives in this area, really love the beaches
Hope you have a great holiday - I am in the Isle of Wight for 2 weeks

Cx

Mookins
25-07-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi hun...im in horning on the broads which is beaautiful...used to live in mundesley by the beach which is also very pretty...and worked in sheringham for about 6 years which is gorgeous....

would defo recomend langham glass
norfolk lavender
cromer zoo
theres a splash swimming pool in sheringham
sandringhaam
blickling hall
felbrigg
snetterton

cant think of any water play places cos its beaches all the way round

Cazz
25-07-2010, 01:33 PM
As far as I know there isn't an outdoor water play area with fountains as you mentioned.

Splash in Sheringham is a good swimming pool as it has a slide and wave machine that comes on every half an hour I think.

Mookins also mentioned Cromer Zoo but in my opinion you couldn't fill a whole day there and it's quite expensive for half a day (just my opinion though!).

Don't know how old your children are but the Dinosaur Adventure Park at Lenwade is good fun with plenty to do.

Welly Belly mentioned the Sea Life Centre in Sheringham but there isn't one there - one at Hunstanton or Great Yarmouth (fun fair, amusements etc there as well). Sorry Welly Belly to seem picky!!

If it's wet there's a newish indoor play centre in North Walsham called "Stompers" and they also have ten pin bowling. Or Funky Monkeys on the outskirts of Norwich which has roller skating and a slightly smaller indoor play area.

Bewilderwood at Horning is an outdoor adventure attraction with rope bridges, slides etc.

And lots of seaside towns as already mentioned.

If I think of more I'll come back and let you know (assuming you'll have access to this while you;re on holiday of course!!)

little miss chatterbox
25-07-2010, 01:35 PM
berwilderwood is fab! Holkham, wells and lowestoft beaches are lovely

a day boat on the broads is recommended too!

Cazz
25-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Dipsy me - I just read your original post again and saw that you're not going for three weeks.

I read it that you were going yesterday - doh!!

PixiePetal
25-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I love Norfolk. We used to go to Yarmouth as kids :thumbsup: I grew up in Essex, on the coast.

Now in Sussex, which is lovely too.:) I am fine if I am not too far from the sea :D

DH and I had our first holiday together - BC (before children!) staying near Hickling Broad. Travelled about a bit and even went to Yarmouth for a day - he didn't believe me that there was a circus indoors (is it still going?) until we saw some stilt walkers and little people (don't want to offend and not sure of correct term :o ) dressed up walking about advertising it.

How old are your children?

Mookins
25-07-2010, 02:37 PM
As far as I know there isn't an outdoor water play area with fountains as you mentioned.

Splash in Sheringham is a good swimming pool as it has a slide and wave machine that comes on every half an hour I think.

Mookins also mentioned Cromer Zoo but in my opinion you couldn't fill a whole day there and it's quite expensive for half a day (just my opinion though!).

Don't know how old your children are but the Dinosaur Adventure Park at Lenwade is good fun with plenty to do.

Welly Belly mentioned the Sea Life Centre in Sheringham but there isn't one there - one at Hunstanton or Great Yarmouth (fun fair, amusements etc there as well). Sorry Welly Belly to seem picky!!

If it's wet there's a newish indoor play centre in North Walsham called "Stompers" and they also have ten pin bowling. Or Funky Monkeys on the outskirts of Norwich which has roller skating and a slightly smaller indoor play area.

Bewilderwood at Horning is an outdoor adventure attraction with rope bridges, slides etc.

If I think of more I'll come back and let you know (assuming you'll have access to this while you;re on holiday of course!!)

how did i forget this its just up the road from me...DOH
quite a trek from fakenham though
XX X

RachelE
25-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks Ladies - I knew you could help! :thumbsup:

We have a 4 yr old dd and 8 yr old ds.

We're really looking forward to this holiday - as long as it stays dry! - but here on the east coast we do well for little rain!

Thanks,
Rachel x

donnawalsh123
25-07-2010, 03:06 PM
air show on great yarmouth beach is brill if its on when your there.

A day on the broads on a day hire boat was cheaper than 5 of us going on one of them 2hr cruises on the big boats and well worth the £50 it was 4 years ago.

Chell
26-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Mine loved going on the steam train from Sherringham to Holt. Holt has some lovely little shops and coffee shops. Once you arrive at Holt station there is a walk to the main part of Holt but you can wait for an old double decker bus to take you. We walked there but got the bus back.

Tatia
26-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Blakeny Point to see the seals!!! It's a lovely little boat tide out and you can see them all quite close up. We've bene several times.

Tatia
26-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh and the Shire Horse Centre is up in that direction, as well. That was a nice morning.

wellybelly
26-07-2010, 06:35 PM

I grew up in Norwich, Norfolk and since I left have completley lost my barings. No offence taken:)

My mum always tells us about Bewilderwood in Horning and apparantly is fantastic! We're going next time we go to visit. Also Wroxham Barns is a great day out, Norwich Castle and Defo the Dinosaur Park x