PDA

View Full Version : How Many Observations (planned)

S-J
23-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi,

New to all the EYFS please can someone advise me how many observations i should be doing a week with 3 children in my care?

I understand some of these observations are planned, so that we can help the child progress to the next stages or develop areas where they maybe need support.

So how may planned observations a week and how many 'i just noticed that' during the day should i do?

Please help - as there is a lot of work involved in this and i want to spend as much time playing with the children without all the paper work :-)

Thanks

S-J

Chatterbox Childcare
23-07-2010, 11:39 AM
I actually do 2 activities a week and do obs on those if we actually do them. I also do post it notes on anything else that I see and mark it all down in my learning journey

sarah707
23-07-2010, 04:27 PM
I usually try to do about 6 obs over a month but it depends on what we are doing and what the child is doing especially.

Some months not a lot seems to happen then suddenly a child's learning and development will take off.

The most important thing is to build up a picture of the child and to watch and listen... you will be able to find lots of evidence of the child's progression :D