PDA

View Full Version : brother&sister:1 or 2 daily diary??

v 1461
22-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Hello,

I will have a 2 years old and a 3 years old starting soon. They will each have a learning journal. Can I use 1 daily diary for both ( i will only repeat myself if not: lunch, activities..)
thank you
v1461

jaja
22-07-2010, 09:57 AM
i use one and each book has a seperate bit for each child, the day to day bits are writen then i put the letter of there name next to nappy chnages, feeding, sleeping to make it easier for mum to refer back,.

hops this helps xxx

Mouse
22-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I did one daily diary for brother & sister. As they went everywhere together & did most things together it seemed daft having it in two books.

I'd write that we went somewhere/did somthing and tha S did/said this & E did/said that.

They had separate LJs.

sarah707
22-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I have one daily diary per family... one LJ per child :D

tashaleee
22-07-2010, 11:48 AM

I do the same :thumbsup:

miffy
22-07-2010, 12:05 PM
I do separate diaries for siblings but that is because they go different places and do different things - they also like to have their own.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
22-07-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm no help because I have never done Daily Diaries. I used to and I got sick of leaving a message for more nappies and a week later nothing, the parents I did them for never read them so I gave up.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AnnieM
22-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't do diaries for everyone, as not everyone wants them, those that don't have a verbal exchange of information, but for the LO's I drop off at nursery at lunchtime and mum collects I do a daily diary. I used to have 3 children from the same family and did one book for all of them, using different coloured pens for each child. :thumbsup: I don't do diaries once they are at full time school, but they do their own scrapbooks during their time here, as and when they want to. I obviously do individual LJ's for those that need them. :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
22-07-2010, 05:25 PM
i have two siblings 12 months and 30 months. they have different diaries as they do different things and are at different stages. I put the odd spare photo in every so often. All my diaries are taken home and looked at. The siblings look at it with daddy after tea as part of their bed time routine with him. They are precious documents for my families.

I think i am lucky

mandy xxx

amanda1309
22-07-2010, 07:23 PM

I do this.
I looked after a 3 year old and his baby twin siblings and it worked well for me

v 1461
28-07-2010, 12:57 PM
thank you for your repiles.
I will do one per family then.
v

shelly2012
02-08-2010, 11:08 AM
I have 3 children from the same family and i do 1 per family but i do also use initials etc to personalize it.

Ali B
06-08-2010, 11:20 AM
diaries??!

Well they can be the bain of your life but good for communication but so many times Ive started one off and then parents forget to send them again so now Im just big on texts/emails/photos/post it notes/letters:) and occasional diaries because i dont think they're read!!

heavens knows what ofsted will say when Im next inspected but we'll see!

Pauline
06-08-2010, 12:59 PM
diaries??!

Well they can be the bain of your life but good for communication but so many times Ive started one off and then parents forget to send them again so now Im just big on texts/emails/photos/post it notes/letters:) and occasional diaries because i dont think they're read!!

heavens knows what ofsted will say when Im next inspected but we'll see!

Provided you can show how you communicate with parents, that you share info and let them know what their children are doing then there should be no problem.

I don't do diaries either, I find them boring and repetitive and because of that I think it spoils my enjoyment of caring for the children, like you I do emails, texts, notes and newsletters but the most effective in my opinion is actually talking to the parents at the end of the day when they collect. :)