PDA

View Full Version : What to charge school age in holidays?

crazyhazy
21-07-2010, 09:46 PM
I've not started with my after school kids yet but am just wondering what you charge if they need minded during the school holidays? Do you charge the same hourly rate as your under 5s? Or do you offer a special holiday rate or charge more?

Just pondering really as I have a parent coming friday for b4 and after school care and I have a feeling she will need me full time during the holidays so want to be prepared.

Thanks x

Waveawand
22-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Hiya -I charge the same as day mindee's. I do charge by the hour but I do know some cms prefer a flat daily rate. This presumably includes food, I tend to add that on separately or they provide their own snacks/lunch to keep cost down. Hope that helps:)

Pipsqueak
22-07-2010, 06:49 AM
to get some business (as its dead round here again) I have put a holiday special rate on.
so far not worked!

Carol M
22-07-2010, 06:58 AM
i charge after schoolies £25 a day during hols, plus £1.50 if they want me to provide a lunch as they can't half eat alot!
I have just taken on children for hols only, 9.30 till 3.30 a couple of days and as the older sibling is 13 yrs have only charged £25 for the both of them. Wish I hadn't been so generous now! Looking at costs for trips, everything is so expensive so afraid it will be park/forest/woods etc when I have these two or I won't earn anything.
So make sure it's worth your while
Carol x

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2010, 07:05 AM
My day charge is £40 from 8am=6pm for any aged child plus £2.50 per meal (they eat at least this much) and I also add to the contract £10 per week for all the school hols for outings. This does include lunch on one day as we are out and about.