PDA

View Full Version : Summer holiday fees

It's a small world
21-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi not sure if i've asked this before or not but can't find the thread if I have. Anyway I have two afterschoolers (siblings) being new when i took them on (they started November with me) we forgot to discuss holidays . At Xmas mum mentioned this and said she may need me but will let me know if and when and carried in with normal fees ( for hours I would hve had them as though at school) she then needed me one day and consequently paid the diff in hours I've had them. This had happened every holiday since but never had them apart from that one day . I'm now wondering about the big school hols.

Should I say that if there's a chance she may need me ,to continue as previously pay afterschool hours and pay for any extra hours I have them but should she definitley not need me then ask her to pay a retainer of half fees to guarantee a place for when they go back to school??!

Mums really nice and think she will want to continue as previous holidays just need advice shouid she ask. She used to be a cm and never had any problems re money with her. Oh she only pays a small amount herself the rest is paid by child credits or whatever it's called so she won't be out if pocket.

Thank you to anyone who replies x

Waveawand
22-07-2010, 06:20 AM
[QUOTE=It's a small world;749650]
Should I say that if there's a chance she may need me ,to continue as previously pay afterschool hours and pay for any extra hours I have them but should she definitley not need me then ask her to pay a retainer of half fees to guarantee a place for when they go back to school??!

What youve said above is what I would do; You should be fine as she is an ex-cm so knows the system. Ive got the joyous job of explainind why they need to pay me when they go on holiday !! Or even take a day off work !

Im sure she'll be fine as you need to know numbers for September anyway:)

Chatterbox Childcare
22-07-2010, 07:09 AM
If I had a parent who was using the services more and more I would discuss a contract review and include all holidays. IF TC are paying then it won't cost her anything to keep the place