PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a newbie

claired
20-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Hello everybody, I am new, and am seriously thinking of becoming a childminder, I am a fully registered paediatric nurse but think that childminding would suit me better.
I am booked onto the next start up session which is not untill sept :( , I just need a bit of advice about starting up. Myself and two friends are thinking of renting my friends house out and the 3 of us doing it together. Hopefully we will get enough children to make a go of it, there are very few minders in my area. Any suggestions or advice will be very much apreciated :)

sarah707
21-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Hi Claire welcome to the forum.

It is a long road to become a childminder... if you start now, depending on your Local Authority rules, you might be ready to mind by early next year.

In East Cheshire for example, you attend the first session... then there's a gap until you get on a 12 week course which doesn't run through holidays.

Then you get your Ofsted application and send that off... they come out within a few weeks and take your CRB away.

Then you wait for your CRB and health checks, social services check etc.

They like to make sure people are determined to go through the process :laughing:

Good luck with it all and don't forget to let us know how you are getting on :D

Mookins
21-07-2010, 08:35 AM
hi welcome to the forum
i enquired back in feb and am now waiting for my crbs....im hoping to be ready for sept latest!!!!!

just a quick question will the friends who you be renting from be minding from the house too?

just as im sure if its not a domestic house it would be classed as a nursery?

i may be wrong
x x

claired
21-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi, my friends will be minding from the house too. It is a domestic house, it is my friends that she has just moved out from to rent out, but we might take the house on, does that make sense?

Mookins
21-07-2010, 06:03 PM
yeah i get ya hun...not sure how it works if none of you are actualy living there...cos if you all go home at then end of your day...am sure sarah or someone can clarify for you...would just hate for you to get your hopes up and then find you cant from there IYSWIM

x x x