PDA

View Full Version : Parent giving notice but had booked holiday

ahew30
20-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Can you help me work out what I need to charge my parent for, she gave me notice on 9th July 2010, just letter and payment shoved through the door, mindee who i only have one day a week was booked off on holiday for that date.

So she pays me every 4 weeks, payment paid on 9th, notice given that date
mindee on holidays 9th, 16th, supposed to have her 23rd but she hasnt confirmed, then booked on holidays 30th July and 6th August. My contract clearly states notice period not allowed to include booked holiday.

Its doing my head in trying to work out the termination end date and what to charge her for, help please, thanks

rickysmiths
20-07-2010, 02:19 PM
As she is only one day a week and she has given notice it sounds as if you weren't expecting I would do the following.

She gave notice on the 9th July therefore her last day would be Friday 6th August. Presumably she pays for her holiday so I would, send her an invoice for 4 weeks from the 6th August as that would be her notice period following her holiday.

TheBTeam
20-07-2010, 03:15 PM
As she is only one day a week and she has given notice it sounds as if you weren't expecting I would do the following.

She gave notice on the 9th July therefore her last day would be Friday 6th August. Presumably she pays for her holiday so I would, send her an invoice for 4 weeks from the 6th August as that would be her notice period following her holiday.

Same here if you get paid whilst she is on holiday i would just count the four weeks from the date given, if she doesnt pay i would give her the choice to pay four weeks and use them on the dates she hasnt notified as holiday.

I think the point of the holiday not being included in notice is to protect the parents from you giving them notice and then taking the rest of the time off as holiday.