PDA

View Full Version : anyone here job share a mindee?

aly
20-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I have someone comin gout on sunday {another thread} and for a few days of the rest of this year I cannot do as I would be over my numbers as I have a shift worker...anyway a friend has said she will do the days I cant {she is a cm} so what im wondering is how you work out the pay.

I'm going to work it out so there's the same amount every week/month.

1) would you charge for everything and then pay the friend the money i'd get for the days she does.

or

2) just charge her the days I'm having the child and let my friend charge her the days she has the child?

I'm guessing if I receive the money would I be liable for declaring that amount or the amount minus hers?

does that make sense?

diamond
20-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi I share a mindee with another cm. We both bill the parents individually.

MAWI
20-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I dont, however if I did, I would bill for my hours and let friend (CM) bill for her hours

aly
20-07-2010, 12:39 PM
thank you

x

Chimps Childminding
20-07-2010, 12:41 PM

Same here!! June and I have had a few children where neither of us could do all the days so we have "shared" them! we each do contracts, child record forms etc, tho we do joint learning journals as we do a lot together anyway! Bills are done seperately and mum pays us individually!

aly
20-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Same here!! June and I have had a few children where neither of us could do all the days so we have "shared" them! we each do contracts, child record forms etc, tho we do joint learning journals as we do a lot together anyway! Bills are done seperately and mum pays us individually!

thanks for that, we would have done sep contracts anyway, so it does make sense that we bill individually

xx

The Juggler
20-07-2010, 01:05 PM
I do as well for 2 1/2 years, it's worked beautifully and other minder is lovelyx

venus89
20-07-2010, 01:32 PM

Me too, although we did the LJs separately - I never thought of doing a joint one!

Chimps Childminding
20-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Me too, although we did the LJs separately - I never thought of doing a joint one!

to be honest we live next door to each other and all our children get together at some point most days so it just made sense just to do one lot of LJ's!!!:D

miffy
20-07-2010, 05:37 PM
My only word of warning on this is you need to be able to trust the other childminder completely - that she won't undercut your prices, offer discounts that you wouldn't or try and poach the work altogether if the opportunity arose.

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
20-07-2010, 05:44 PM
I have done this in the past, even split a day with another minder once.

I didn't want to do the school run when a long term mindee started half days only for 2 terms. Another minder had her from lunchtime pick up and I took over at 3.10, when she came to collect others and when I collected DS. This came about because she missed me :blush: Once she was a full day, other minder stopped.

I billed from when I took over, other minder charged her own rate. We knew each other anyway and there were no hard feelings. Other minder lives nearer the school and was always full of after schoolers.

aly
20-07-2010, 06:13 PM
My only word of warning on this is you need to be able to trust the other childminder completely - that she won't undercut your prices, offer discounts that you wouldn't or try and poach the work altogether if the opportunity arose.

Miffy xx
Oh I do trust her, I even told her if the mum wasnt happy with doing the shared care that she could have her full time if I passed all details to mum.

zillervalley
20-07-2010, 06:16 PM
I have shared a mindee this year and i have billed her for mine and the cm also billed her

ziller

tulip0803
20-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I have shared a mindee - which other minder was not happy about but Mum had wanted to use me and I couldn't do all the days. I did the whole continuity of care thing and could go to other minder better to be with one if poss but Mum was insistant.

I have another starting in Aug which parents have already asked if I get space all week can they have it as I am flexible & can do early starts & late finishes (both parents shift workers) other minder is rigid on times so parents have to swap shifts to accomodate.

We are billing seperately & done seperate contracts. She has matched my price as I charged slightly more PH anyway.

amirose
20-07-2010, 07:53 PM

Miffy xx

Just had this happen to me :angry:
To make it worse my "friend" very snootily told me, wasn't even the parent :panic: