PDA

View Full Version : Food and gender?

aly
19-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Why would gender have anything to do with food requirements?

I'm doign the ccld and in the penni tunassi book {pg 283} it says
"Food requirements change accordign to age, size, activity levels and gender"

:rolleyes:

err why gender?

karensmart4
19-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Boys have growing spurts????????????????????????????? :huh: :huh: :huh: sorry, got me there!

sarah707
20-07-2010, 06:34 AM
The amount or type of food you give a boy / girl might vary if, for example, the child is particularly sporty and needs extra carbs or the child is sedentary and in a chair and therefore needs a low fat diet.

It could mean that? :D

sonia ann
20-07-2010, 06:45 AM
it relates to height and size /weight....................a very broad generalisation (there will always be exceptions ,before everyone jumps in)is that boys tend to be heavier and taller than girls therefore their calorie requirements are greater at certain ages. :)

mama2three
20-07-2010, 07:30 AM
The phrase is a generalisation , and if you think of it in terms of 'people' rather than 'children' then gender is appropriate , especially with pregnancy / breast feeding etc.
Calorie requirements change throughout a childs life .. gender is mentioned as the time which children reach pubity etc with girls tending to mature first..therefore there have higher calorie requirements at this time .

aly
20-07-2010, 09:44 AM
ah right ok...that makes a bit more sense..lol

The Juggler
20-07-2010, 01:30 PM
i guess for teenage girls more iron but am assuming your question more related to early years?

The Juggler
20-07-2010, 01:31 PM
i guess for teenage girls, they may need more iron, but am assuming your question is more related to early years?

WibbleWobble
20-07-2010, 01:32 PM
its relative to my 3 yr old niece..

she will only eat beige or pink food!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mandy xxx

aly
20-07-2010, 01:43 PM
its relative to my 3 yr old niece..

she will only eat beige or pink food!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mandy xxx
lol, my 1 son wont have anything to do with pink!

tinkerbelle
20-07-2010, 01:48 PM
gender could be because men need more calories than woman ??

aly
20-07-2010, 02:15 PM
gender could be because men need more calories than woman ??
but this is more children than adult

AnnieM
21-07-2010, 09:22 PM
A little girl I look after occasionally, will only eat shades of red, orange and pink. :rolleyes: She will absolutely not touch anything green or brown. :panic: I have to hide stuff in her food, like mashed carrots with a little bit of potato in it, not so she can see it though, never had any success hiding anything green. : She even had to have all pink smarties at christmas and then cringed when she bit into one and realised they were brown in the middle!!! :laughing: