PDA

View Full Version : dental hygiene help

moljak
19-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Just looking through my portfolio.I'm lacking some info on dental hygiene.I can find some about the net but wanted something more child specific.
I have the hygiene heroes for hygiene.

Is there anything similar for dental hygiene?

Thanks in advance :)

Pipsqueak
19-07-2010, 11:43 AM
i don't have anything specific about dental hygiene tbh
We do topics and stuff about looking after our mouths but I don't have a policy. Schools and nursery don't therefore i don't either.
I will help educate a child about oral hygiene and i would support a child if they were to brush their teeth at lunchtime for instance but other than that its the parents job.

mama2three
19-07-2010, 11:45 AM
if you go on the oral b website there is a free pack , with activities promoting toothcare , and a smiley crocodile. Theres a link in the free stuff section.

moljak
19-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Thankyou will check that out.

Do you all encourage teeth brushing after lunch? evening meal ect? Is it a requirement?

Pipsqueak
19-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Thankyou will check that out.

Do you all encourage teeth brushing after lunch? evening meal ect? Is it a requirement?

no its not a requirement that we instigate dental hygiene at all and something I probably would not be happy doing as it could be considered invasive - ie as its in the mouth.

moljak
19-07-2010, 01:20 PM
no its not a requirement that we instigate dental hygiene at all and something I probably would not be happy doing as it could be considered invasive - ie as its in the mouth.

my view too.I think brushing morning and night is enough and asked my dentist this.I know nurseries who take all their children to brush their teeth after lunch but i don't feel this is necessary just didn't know whether ofsted did.

Carol M
19-07-2010, 06:48 PM
if you go on the oral b website there is a free pack , with activities promoting toothcare , and a smiley crocodile. Theres a link in the free stuff section.

Stop the Rot from Oral B. Fab resource. Smiley crocodile hand puppet, toothbrush, leaflets, certificates for the children and some brill interactive games/activities on cd.
Used this resource with all children and a parent of a 2.5 yr old told me that teeth brushing before bed is now a nightmare as he wants to do it himself :clapping: I have no problem with this when he stays late with me, good evidence he has learnt about it :D and he lets me help:D
Carol xx