PDA

View Full Version : linking to eyfs help please

sandy64
19-07-2010, 10:44 AM
hi all im just catching up on obs and have 2 that id like a little help with please 1. threading pasta to make knecklace psrn? pd? first time lo thread pasta and managed well age 2half. it doesnt seem to link to development tho in book so confusing myself:laughing:
2. last week we did a fire drill then chat etc. a few days later lo was playing with dolls house when she shouted fire, water quick fire engine get out quick.
same age as above lo link to psed.cll is that right??
thanks for reading sandy:)

miss mopple
19-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Threading- PD, engage in activities requiring hand eye coordination

Think the other I would put under CD-Engage in imaginative play and role-play based on own firsthand experiences,
or
Notice what adults do, imitating what is observed and then doing it spontaneously when the adult is not there.

mrs robbie williams
19-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi there was just having a nosey at your thread :blush: im fairly new to all this but when i've been doing my obs on my 3 and half yr old ive been linking the activity to every one of the 6 obs?????? is that not right????? as you can tell i've not quite got the hang of the paperwork yet lol xx

sandy64
19-07-2010, 12:30 PM
hi some do link to more than one but it depends what your looking for in your obs as well i look through the eyfs book and see what development lo up to then pick a few things that need to be covered and plan activities around it very loosely tho. some like my others ie knecklace that was to see iof she could manage smaller threading items but it was fun. other was free play and was somethink i just observed.:)