PDA

View Full Version : emergency contact numbers

sweets
18-07-2010, 12:46 PM
ive up dated all my policies and permission forms at last!!!!!!

emergency contact numbers - ive never carried round a card with me thats gives permission for emergency treatment, never knew i needed one till checking threads on here :blush: how do you do do it? do you have separate card for each child or have it all on one page (confidentiality?) seems a bit much to have them all separate though! what id like to do as well is to get parents permission for a local childminder that i see regualaly and will get to know their child is for her to have the contact details of all my children in case of emergency. is this ok?

Chatterbox Childcare
18-07-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't carry this around with me but can prove that I have the permission if quesioned at a later date.

If you take a child to A&E the doctor has a legal responsiblity to look after the person attending and we wouldn't have a say in the matter.

sarah707
18-07-2010, 02:00 PM
The Eyfs statutory framework says...

Providers should take essential records and equipment on outings, for example, contact telephone numbers for the parents of children on the outing...

I think this is the minimum you should be taking tbh.

You need to consider what would happen if you were injured and unable to speak for the child.

What if the child needs medication? What if the child was disabled? what if the child is too young to speak for himself?...

Also risk assess what might happen if you then lose the information you are taking on outings with you.

Hth :D

Mouse
18-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I have a small notebook that I take out with me.

In the fron it says that I am a childminder & gives contact numbers for my husband & another cm. It also has my GP's phone number.

Then I have a page for each child that has their name, DOB, emergency contact numbers, name & phone number of GP and any other info eg. allergies.

For each child I also copied the wording out of the NCMA book that says about seeking medical treatment & advice in an emergency and I get the parents to sign it.

I figure that if something happened to me, someone could contact my husband or cm friend, who have the emergency contact info for the children. Or if something happened to one of the children, I have all the info I need, including permission from parents to seek medical treatment & advice.

sweets
18-07-2010, 03:42 PM
i always have my mobile with me that has all the childrens contact numbers on. i think what i might do as well is have a card in my purse explaining that the children with me are not my own and in case of emergency then please phone xxxxx ( a local minder whom i will give a list of contact numbers too).

mama2three
18-07-2010, 03:55 PM
i have cards with childrens details such as emergency numbers , doc details , allergies etc on a clip which i have attached to my changing bag , so always with me.
Just before my inspection my do looked through all my paperwork for me ( shes an ex inspector).
The only thing she found 'missing' was that there was no medical consent / sig on these cards.
Rather than rewriting them i used white stickers and wrote the consent wording on then asked the parents to sign - then stuck them on the back of the cards.

karensmart4
18-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I made little badges, they say;

I am with my childminder
in an emergency please contact....My mobile + co-cm

And;
I am a childminder, the children with me are not my own.
In the event of an emergency please contact....co-cm, and she wears one with my number on it.

We all wear these when we go out... even the 11 yr olds :D

I typed them out, lamenated them and secured safety badge pins on the back.

I've also got all contact numbers in my mobile.