PDA

View Full Version : went to my first musical last night

lou lou
17-07-2010, 07:29 AM
i went to see the blood brothers last night i have never been to a musical before and it was brilliant!! just felt the need to tell people it is great when you have a great night out anyone else seen it?

TheBTeam
17-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I saw blood brothers years ago, when Kiki dee was one of the mums, it was absolutely fantastic, I love musicals!

Glad you had a great time!

RainbowMum
17-07-2010, 08:19 AM
I've seen several now - I go evey year with my best friend - Blood Brother is right up there in my Fav's - Did you cry?:blush:

PixiePetal
17-07-2010, 08:45 AM
I love musicals - been to quite a few :)

going for a girls weekend away later in the year and hopefully seeing sound of music :thumbsup:

Roseolivia
17-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I saw blood brothers a few years ago and thought it was great and Yes i cried buckets.

Rubybubbles
17-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Hubby took me for my 30th this year it was brilliant I had shivers watching it!

Mel C was the mum when we went:)

Playmate
17-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Blood Broters is fab! My son is studing Musical Theatre, as a family we have all adopted his passion :D whilst at college he has done many performances and we just love watching him and all his fellow students perform. He's off to Chichester uni in September and it won't be so easy just to pop off in any evening and watch him:( still I suppose if he makes it to the West End we might get some freebies :D for the big shows, so it will be worth it!
We have just booked to see Billy Elliot in September so looking forward to that :clapping:

PixiePetal
17-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Blood Broters is fab! My son is studing Musical Theatre, as a family we have all adopted his passion :D whilst at college he has done many performances and we just love watching him and all his fellow students perform. He's off to Chichester uni in September and it won't be so easy just to pop off in any evening and watch him:( still I suppose if he makes it to the West End we might get some freebies :D for the big shows, so it will be worth it!
We have just booked to see Billy Elliot in September so looking forward to that :clapping:

will look out for him when he makes the west end! remember to name him on the forum when the time comes. Forum fan club :laughing:

Playmate
17-07-2010, 01:06 PM
will look out for him when he makes the west end! remember to name him on the forum when the time comes. Forum fan club :laughing:

Will do :D

Helen Dempster
17-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I saw Blood Brothers a few years back, with one of the Nolan sisters starring as the mum. Brilliant show - but you can't beat the theatre (I loooove musicals). Seen Les Mis 20-something times now and would see it another 20 times too! :)

karen m
17-07-2010, 05:28 PM
i saw blood brothers last year ,brilliant

jo f
17-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I have seen blood brothers 4 times now- once twice in the same week!!!!! AMAZIN has me in tears every time! I love musical this is by far my favourite!!!!

sarah707
18-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I love musicals too!

I haven't seen Blood Brothers yet but Miss Saigon is a favourite and Les Mis comes a close second.

It's an expensive hobby though - I try and see 2 a year.

I am going to watch Michael Ball in Hairspray next weekend :D

desiderata
18-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Its Brilliant isnt it. I love musicals etc and have always gone to the theatre to see shows I suggest everyone goes to see Lion King too, its AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Monkey1
18-07-2010, 06:22 PM
I love musicals too!

I haven't seen Blood Brothers yet but Miss Saigon is a favourite and Les Mis comes a close second.

You love the Ball don't you Sarah!

Monkey1
18-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Went to see Dirty Dancing in Feb........AMAZING! just booked for me and dd to go and see Oliver next month!

sarah707
18-07-2010, 08:35 PM
You love the Ball don't you Sarah!

Who? Me? :blush: :D

mama2three
19-07-2010, 06:04 AM
My favourite is blood brothers by far! I cried lots - but then I cry even at school performances!
C has been Billy Elliot and Jonny ( Dirty Dancing) recently , theres no prouder mum there ! My favourite of his performances was Simba in the lion king but hes grown a bit since then! He would love to do something like this in the future , but is torn between performing arts and sport atm...

Bayard
21-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Glad to hear you had a good night out lou lou!

My husband took the family out to see Oliver a few weeks ago and I thought it was absolutely brilliant! I don't go to the theatre very often but it was a great night out and it was nice to do something that the whole family could enjoy and do together. I would love to go and see something else, maybe just with some friends, so maybe I'll give blood brothers a go. Thanks for the tip!

Julie

SaijaM
21-07-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm glad you had a great night out! :clapping:
I love musicals too, been to probably 10 of them.... and yes, it's expensive 'hobby' but hey.. we deserve it! :D

Haven't seen Blood Brothers though.. maybe that's my next venture! xx

Playmate
21-07-2010, 03:29 PM
I saw Blood Brothers a few years back, with one of the Nolan sisters starring as the mum. Brilliant show - but you can't beat the theatre (I loooove musicals). Seen Les Mis 20-something times now and would see it another 20 times too! :)

me to :D I have the sound track in the car and play it at cranked up voume when I'm on my own (probably why I'm loosing my hearing :laughing: ) :D
The first solo I heard my son sing was Stars and it still brings a lump to my throught today :blush:

Helen Dempster
21-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I love musicals too!

oooh, someone who also loves Miss Saigon - I wish they'd bring it back!
Whenever I mention it to anyone, they usually say "never heard of it!"