PDA

View Full Version : how long did it take you??

maisiemog
15-07-2010, 01:57 PM
...to complete your NVQ 3?

I have my assessor coming out to me for the first time tomorrow and to set me some work.

Quite keen to get it done as quickly as possible because I know that it's going to take up a lot of time and would rather keep how long it takes to a minimum.

Could I be done by Christmas??

Mouse
15-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I did mine quite a few years ago & it took me 18mths (should have been a 2 year course). Before that it was a 3 years course :eek:

I know not long after that they reduced it even more & it could be done in 9mths. I'm sure I've heard recently of someone doing it in a matter of weeks.

miffy
15-07-2010, 03:42 PM
I did mine a few years ago too and it took 2 years but I had a lot of time off while I was doing it and my assessor wasn't very helpful.

The idea now is for most of the work to be covered by observations/questioning/your work products likes policies so you should have minimum written work to do.

I think a lot depends on how good your assessor is so fingers crossed you've got a good one!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 08:40 PM
i have two friends who started in April and will be completed by October.

Playmate
15-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Finished mine in April and it took 18mths, we still had to do loads of written work :(

Playmate
15-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Finished mine in April and it took 18mths, we still had to do loads of written work :(