PDA

View Full Version : Soul destroying!!!

sfox2003
15-07-2010, 01:35 PM
OK, well maybe thats a little extreme, but has anyone else ever felt completley drained whilst working through their SEF.

Im a new childminder & its all new to me, so the jargon etc is hard to get a grip of.

Sarahs ebook has been a godsend. So has my wonderful network co ordinator who is proof reading it today on her day off and offering me some advise later at a training course Im attending with her.

Im at the last question so Im almost done. I bet Ive put in around 15-20 hours. Maybe more, Ive not bee counting. Its not about quantity, but Ive written over 10,000 words.

Im exhausted, but can now see light at the end of the tunnel :clapping: .

Just dont know what to grade myself now - how hard is that? I think Im good in some areas & outstanding in others. Should I grade myself good?

candy cat
15-07-2010, 01:39 PM
I graded myself both as if we don't 'sing our own praises' noone else will!! :laughing: If you think your outstanding put it down....good luck cx

sfox2003
15-07-2010, 01:42 PM
How do you grade yourself both?

MAWI
15-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Theres no shame in aiming high. As long as you can prove to the OFSTED inspector that you are OUtstanding in those areas then give it a go. I had a friend who was graded outstanding recently. She GOT outstanding and also put Outstanding on her SEF but there were moments when she was having to convince/prove to the inspector, which she said made the inspection harder. Apparently it nearly came to blows several times. However, she thought it was worth it. Give it a go, if you truly feel you are.
Ive done my SEF and put a mixture of Good and outstanding. I always think there is room for improvement, so I will then let the inspector decide.
Evryone is different thought and has a diffrent viewpoint. Just be true to yourself.:)

P.s yes, it is soul destroying, totally agree

Leanne59
15-07-2010, 02:31 PM
H i totally agree its totaly soul destroying and tiring.
im on question o at the moment and im having a rest.. well on here with a coffee:D got a long way to go well it feels like that! but with the help sarahs e-book i will get through it. ive only just started minding this month but i know how long sef it takes and i never know when i might get the call!!

Im finding it hard to grade my self too.