PDA

View Full Version : Charging when at pre school

heatherw
15-07-2010, 11:13 AM
I know there have been loads of threads about this but i want some reassurance that i am doing the right thing. I have had an enquiry from a parent for 2 los 3 days a week 9am to 5pm. 1 lo will be with me all day and the other attands pre school til 11.30 then will come to me. I won't be taking her to pre-school but may be collecting her though. I want to charge for both los even when she is at pre school. She will still need a space in the holidays so this is my arguement for charging full hours for both los. I think mum expects to pay this but I hate talking about fees. Does this sound unresonable or would you charge the full hours for both children?

Chatterbox Childcare
15-07-2010, 11:22 AM
I would be the same as you or I would charge an inflated rate for less hours

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 11:45 AM
it's so difficult I think a lot of parents want to do this and are using breakfast clubs etc with the extra 3 hours funding and are then saving themselves the cost of care during 0900-1130.

What they don't realise though is it's taking up an under 5 space which are precious.

Rather than lose both children, I'd maybe tell her it's normal practice to charge then maybe offer to meet in the middle - half fees for those hours?

mrs robbie williams
15-07-2010, 11:52 AM
I still charge full fee when my 3yr old is at pre school 9 til 1130 on the basis that i am the emergency contact for her incase of accident / illness. Also im the one that attends the plays and 'mums' play time with her. She starts school in Sept along with her older sister (5) who is already at school and my fees will remain the same even though i wont have her for 6 hrs a day xx

heatherw
15-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Ive just re-read my post and if someone else asked i think i would tell them to charge so thats what i'll do. I think shes expecting to be charged for it so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.