PDA

View Full Version : Help...where does this go in EYFS

tinka77
14-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Evening Ladies

I have a 3 year old who asked why a man was drinking out of a baby cup whilst at a cafe. The man in question had special needs. I explained that he had difficulty in drinking out of an adult cup. Where in the EYFS does this go...i was thinking sense of community...any ideas???:)

sarah707
14-07-2010, 09:23 PM
I'd say Psed as he is learning to empathise... kuw sense of community as he is noticing things that are happening around him...

:D

PinkFairy24
25-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi there,

Sorry am so lost here. Am just learning about EYFS.

I had a chat with a lady from the council who said she would go through the EYFS with me, as I didn't do it in the on-line diploma. I just missed it :panic: She said that I can just put down the main heading 'Learning and Development'. She didn't really go through much, it was a very quick 10 minutes :( Do I need to write down the numbers to link it properly? I did think so.

Thanks loads, love Claire X x X

Bouncy_Princess
30-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Id defo say KUW...seing whats going on around him & questioning it etc :o

duran
30-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I agree - definately KOW

eviesnanny
18-08-2010, 09:58 AM
How about PSED "Make connections between different parts of their life experience" as well. He knows children drink from cups with lids on and adults dont.:D

jadylasa
18-08-2010, 10:30 AM
As well as psed and kuw, I'd say cll. He is communicating to find out about his questions, 3 is about the age where they start to use what where why and how. I find that most things are spread accross several areas of learning.