PDA

View Full Version : Thoughtless blooming schools!

TheBTeam
14-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Grrrrr, my son has come home today and said his year 6 leavers disco on Monday now has a celebs movie premiere theme!

Well how am I going to sort that, whilst working full time and having two football tournaments both days over the weekend, and whilst trying to get stuff out and ready to go camping when the schools break up next week!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry:

And surprise surprise they have told the kids if they dont dress up they wont be happy as they are not entering into the spirit of things!:angry: :angry: :angry:

I have suggested a Simon Cowell mask and white t shirt and black trousers, he doesnt like the idea and has gone to bed with the hump, and as i pointed out most people that go to premieres dont go in costume, so it is stupid anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :laughing:

Stillgoingstrong
14-07-2010, 09:12 PM
How ridiculous of the school. Simon Cowell is a good one, but as you say celebs dont dress in a theme they just wear dresses and suits. Can you get hold of a clip of celebs to show him maybe on utube or something? Schools drive you nuts at times :mad:

kindredspirits
15-07-2010, 06:54 AM
can you get him in a tux?? tell him he's james bond! :thumbsup:

mama2three
15-07-2010, 06:54 AM
see i would have just taken that to mean that they dress up , so for a boy just shirt and bow tie , or pretty dresses for the girls. If it wasnt for the short notice i would have said it was a lovely idea!!

Mollymop
15-07-2010, 06:56 AM
I know what you mean hun, my son is leaving year 6 too and they have a prom next Monday evening but they haven't announced the theme yet:rolleyes: :mad:
Ds doesn't want to go anyway, so that saves me the hassle. But it's not fair really is it

wendywu
15-07-2010, 07:10 AM
I would have thought it meant dress posh and not football kit or jeans and trainers.

I would phone them up and ask today :thumbsup:

Mouse
15-07-2010, 08:01 AM
I agree with what some of the others have said, I'd assume that meant go in the sort of clothes celebs would wear (smart trousers, shirt, ties for the boys, posh frocks for the girls etc), not as an actual celebrity.

I would phone up to check. Poor thing would be mortified if you sent him dressed as Simon Cowell when it just meant shirt & tie!

tinkerbelle
15-07-2010, 08:17 AM
we have a oscars ceramonyfor the entire school and it just means posh frocks n suits no footy kits etc
for my sona yr6 leavers we are having a glitz an glam 3 course meal at school for child and 1 parent so looks like im shopping for a glam maternity dress :blush:

TheBTeam
15-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Apparently it does mean as a celebrity or movie star!, he is adamant this morning he is going as himself, which i suppose is better than last week when he didnt want to go at all!:rolleyes:

Mouse
15-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Apparently it does mean as a celebrity or movie star!, he is adamant this morning he is going as himself, which i suppose is better than last week when he didnt want to go at all!:rolleyes:

Well, that is daft then! How do you dress as a celebrity or movie star? Most of them don't dress in a specific way that you could copy, unless you go for something along the lines of Lady Gaga, which I'm sure the school wouldn't want!

I'd still phone & ask them for suggestions!

huggableshelly
15-07-2010, 12:17 PM
my kids school did the same thing!

friday school trip year 4's to brisith museum, all is well and I volunteered to help giving up a days work swapping mindees etc.

thursday ... the day before the trip ..... letter is sent home at 3pm, coaches have double booked so no trip but to make up for it there will be an egyption day instead for the same cost. GREAT where do you get a costume with les than 24 hours noitce?????????

sent mine in wearing roman outfits, took off the red and added gold ribbon, many other children wore unifroms.

so I know exactly how you feel! good luck with organising a costume.

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 12:19 PM
last minute.com. Do they think parents have nothing better to do.

Most celebs (ok with exception of lady Gaga) go in normalish clothes to premieres or just dressed up smart so a suit, smart trousers and he could be anyone.

Twinkles
15-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Has he got a suit ? If so give him a pair of sunglasses - he could be virtually any celebrity !