PDA

View Full Version : not sure what to charge....

jodi-anna
14-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Hello
A tricky one this, but here goes.... As of September I have a new 3yr old starting and her hours will be:

7.30-5.30. I will take child to Nursery for 9am and collect every day at 3pm. (except Thursdays as with me ALL day)

My usual working day is from 8-5 and I charge £4ph. (This my need to be considered when setting a final figure)

What I really need to establish is.....do I charge (something?) for when child is at Nursery or not? I have done so in the past when a child attended for a two & a half hour session but now that the government funded sessions seem to cover 'FULL' school days for under 5's I'm finding it a problem as to know what to charge without seeming 'greedy'....after all, it's highly unlikely that I can find another child to fill those 'Nursery hours' without going over my ratio at start and end of the day.

Also, Dad is confusing the issue by saying that I may not even need to actually take the child to Nursery on some of the mornings. (may or may not get a bit of notice:panic: )

To add to the confusion further, parents are both teachers and won't be needing me in school holidays....(but 'may need the odd day here and there' :panic: )

Any suggestions regarding this matter would be great, thanks

Mrs.L.C
14-07-2010, 04:58 PM
I would charge a daily rate regardless of if they need you to take child to pre school or not. They are taking a full time space as well. I normaly deduct 1 hour from my daily rate when they are at pre school for just half a day but would not settle for only charging when I have the child as it wouldnt be worth doing it. I offer term time only contracts so you could say you would still be charging your daily rate but will offer it term time only but they need to give you as much notice as possible to guarentee a space if they do need you in the holidays.

Make it sound like you are doing them a favour