PDA

View Full Version : matching, same/ different

Tired
13-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I want to play a game of matching cards with pictures of animals on, using a set of snap cards. I will have 2-3 year olds, so thought the proper game of snap would be too difficult. I imaginge laying them all out face up, picking one, and asking them to find one the same as mine.

So I looked at the EYFS to see where this type of matching game came, i guessed PSRN.

But i cant find anything about it. Surley it is appropriate for the age, and its a mathematical concapt?

can anyone help me identify a Development Matters sentance that will cover this activity?

thanks

Blaze
13-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I want to play a game of matching cards with pictures of animals on, using a set of snap cards. I will have 2-3 year olds, so thought the proper game of snap would be too difficult. I imaginge laying them all out face up, picking one, and asking them to find one the same as mine.

So I looked at the EYFS to see where this type of matching game came, i guessed PSRN.

But i cant find anything about it. Surley it is appropriate for the age, and its a mathematical concapt?

can anyone help me identify a Development Matters sentance that will cover this activity?

thanks

Development matters - PSRN (Calculating) - 16-26 months

Categorise objects according to their properties.

Next steps:

Use pictures or shapes of objects to indicate where things are kept and encourage children to work out where things belong.

&

Development matters - PSRN (Shape, Space & Measures) - 22-36 months

Begin to categorise objects according to properties such as shape or size

Next Steps:

Collect pictures that illustrate the use of shapes and patterns from a variety of cultures, for example, Arabic designs.

HTH:)

Tired
13-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Blaze, you are a star, thanks so much.

Blaze
13-07-2010, 10:46 PM
No problem:)