PDA

View Full Version : activity for small group of 2-3 year olds

Tired
13-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Help please.

I have an interview at a nursery, and have to do an activity for 2-3 year olds.
Ill have a small group of 4 or 5 children. I don't want to have to take too much with me, as I don't know if ill be given any time to set it up, and I don't want to do a messy activity as there will already be something set up in thier messy play area.

I thought about doing a story sack, is that a good idea? I could read a short story, give them the puppets to help me read it, then there is a pack of snap cards, but I know the will be too young to play snap, so trying to think of a better way to use the cards.

or am i on the wrong tangent? any ideas greatly recieved.
thanks

sarah707
13-07-2010, 09:06 PM
you could take puppets that represent songs and they could choose one from a bag and sing / dance

Good luck! :D

angeldelight
14-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Sounds great

Do you have any ideas of what stories you were going to be doing if so let us know and maybe we could add to your ideas

Good luck with the interview

Angel xx

Toothfairy
14-07-2010, 07:43 AM
If they are too young to play snap, you could lay all the cards face up on the table and let them take turns in finding pairs.

What story are you doing?

Tired
14-07-2010, 12:53 PM
I have chosen Rumble in the Jungle.

We will read the book, with the puppets, find matching cards, sing "walking in the jungle", and act like animals, using lots of good worrds, lke Tall giraffe, Loud lion, Jumping monkeys, slithering snake etc.

I'm doing loads of writing in the plan, much more than i would do on a daily basis, but i feel the need to show everything I know, and cover every area of the eyfs.

Toothfairy
14-07-2010, 07:31 PM
What about teaching them the Makaton sign for each animal.

Tired
16-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanks everyone.
The interview seemed to go well, the children enjoyed the activity for about 20 mins, which i think is great for their age.

She is seeing some more people next week, so il have to wait a while before i find out how it went.