PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep daily diaries and LJ's separate?

SaijaM
13-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all good!

I'm only starting childminding, so still fine-tuning everything... I've started to do a Profile book (LJ) on my daughter, and thought I would keep daily diary separate to this (once my first mindee starts!)

Question is, do you keep them separate?

Are you required to keep a daily diary on your own kids, will Ofsted want to see this too.. :blush: or just keep a daily diary on your mindees?

Thanks in advance,
xx Saija

avril
13-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I keep learning journal and daily diary separate for my mindees because the diary goes home with the child each night ;)
Ofsted were not interested in my own children, I know that sounds harsh but we are not obliged to observe, plan etc... for them unless you want to

karensmart4
13-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I keep them seperate too. Diary goes home with the child, I put in a snapshot of the things that the child has done that day. Any achievements/ funny things etc. Nappy changes..time, whether wet or soiled. What they ate for snack, if they ate well at lunch. What time I applied sunscreen. Every now and then I put a photo of their child in as well.

The Learning Journals are kept on my premises and shared with the parents from time to time.

ps. what I NEVER put in the diary is any milestones, I think they are for the parents to discover

Hope this helps, Karen :D

miffy
13-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I do my daily diary on A4 sheets (2 to a side) - parents read and sign them when they pick up. Once full they go in the back of the LJ file.

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
14-07-2010, 07:53 AM
I keep the seperate, the Daily Diaries go home every night and the Learning Journals go home once a term.

You don't have to keep diaries or journals for your own children but they make great keepsakes. If you have the time, its a nice thing to do.

mrs robbie williams
14-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Would anyone be prepared to let me see one of your daily diaries as i havent been doing one :blush: xx

Bouncy_Princess
20-07-2010, 02:49 PM
I started childminding in June and have always done LJ for the little girl (I dont do one for my own little girl) but am thinking of introducing a daily diary as well as its always Dad picking up and dropping off so it would be nice for Mum to see what she gets up to!:)