PDA

View Full Version : Inspection On Monday ( Scotland) Newbie

befanina
13-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

Being inspected next Monday and I have a few questions and hope someone can help me.
1) what I should do about fees and contracts ?
2)I have a questionaire made up for parents called getting to know your child ( which parents will get before I receive child into my care) is this the same as "all about me & activities" that the Care Commission told me to google ?
3) She asked for 2 files per child(one will hold all about me info) but not sure what she means about info under data protection act ????? Anyone know what she is looking for ?
Have been sorting out toys, house, garden etc and is it true that you don't need a gate into the kitchen ( we have a kitchen diner so big space to gate off) if you have every cupboard and drawer locked with child locks ?
Thanks to everyone who has posted as the info I have read is fantastic
xx susan

arly
14-07-2010, 05:29 PM
not sure about fees and contracts as am still going through registration process. the all about me booklet is basically the childs likes and dislikes of toys, games, food etc the other file id reckon would be the personal details, name, address, d.o.b, docs name, address and phone no, allergies, medical issues, emergency contact details etc.

dont think you need a gate on your kitchen either but cupboard locks etc would have to be on for places like cleaning cupboards etc

i dont intend on putting locks on all my cupboards as theres really no danger in alot of them and a child has to understand when you say no.

xx

lorimac
15-07-2010, 08:39 AM
[QUOTE=befanina;744437]Hi Everyone,

Being inspected next Monday and I have a few questions and hope someone can help me.
1) what I should do about fees and contracts ?
2)I have a questionaire made up for parents called getting to know your child ( which parents will get before I receive child into my care) is this the same as "all about me & activities" that the Care Commission told me to google ?
3) She asked for 2 files per child(one will hold all about me info) but not sure what she means about info under data protection act ????? Anyone know what she is looking for ?
Have been sorting out toys, house, garden etc and is it true that you don't need a gate into the kitchen ( we have a kitchen diner so big space to gate off) if you have every cupboard and drawer locked with child locks ?
Thanks to everyone who has posted as the info I have read is fantastic

What do you mean about fees and contracts, not sure what you want to know,
Yea ur questionairre will cover "all about me", You could just name it as "all about me questionairre"
I have one personal details file which must be kept seperate from your other files in a locked/private drawer or cabinet. Another folder for each child to hold their other bits and bobs, drawings, scrap books etc.
I don't have a gate into kitchen, children are taught to be safe and are not allowed in the kitchen unless we are doing a kitchen activity.
I also do not have any locks on cupboards, children are taught that they do not open my cupboards, all chemicals are kept up in a high cupboard as are medicines.

befanina
15-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks to both of you for your help, I will put locks on cupboards with cleaning things and as my 4yr old was taught not to touch I will do the same with the mindees I get, much clearer on the files I'll need now for each child and I suppose the CC on Monday will help me if anything is missing......will let you all know how it goes..:)

arly
15-07-2010, 06:57 PM
will look out for the update of your CC visit, thats what there 1st visit is for. :) xx

befanina
11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Sorry for the late update but got married on Saturday 7th August and now just got time to update on how visit went. 1st and foremost I passed - yeah:clapping:
3 hrs interview went really well and CC was very helpful, have to have a separate Infection Control Policy which I had included in my Health & Safety Policy ! Writing it now and seems to be nappy changing potty use based - any other ideas for this ?
Locks on most if not all cupboards fine and no gate needed if kitchen secure.
Great ideas given about a newsletter and now pretty clear on files and folders etc....phew...
Ready for mindees now and good luck to all with a visit ahead of them
xxxx
The New Mrs Green

arly
11-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Congratulations!!!! for both getting married and passing ur 1st inspection.

xx :clapping:

Happytots14
20-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Hope your inspection went well--I got one coming this Thursday, my second one, but my old CCO is now retired, and she was very nice and helpful, am a bit nervous with this new one, as I don;t know what to expect..:panic:

Any suggestions about parents questionnaires? I am running out of ideas...

Thanks for the help..