PDA

View Full Version : Inset/Training days - What do you do?

MrsShell
13-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi

I am advertising to work term time only.

I was wondering whether anyone classes inset/training days as part of the school holidays and therefore I wouldn't be expected to work them, or are they classed as term time?

If I did work them, do you think I should charge normal rate or my occassional hourly rate?

I would appreciate any comments on how everyone else charges for it.

Thanks.

Michelle x :jump for joy:

Stillgoingstrong
13-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi

I am advertising to work term time only.

I was wondering whether anyone classes inset/training days as part of the school holidays and therefore I wouldn't be expected to work them, or are they classed as term time?

If I did work them, do you think I should charge normal rate or my occassional hourly rate?

I would appreciate any comments on how everyone else charges for it.

Thanks.

Michelle x :jump for joy:

Personally I class them as school hols - I do school hol cover and the mindees come to me on these days:)

Ali56
13-07-2010, 11:53 AM
I would class them as term time as they aren't always tagged onto a holiday, if a parent choses not to send their child then i charge anyway, but if they do then usual hourly rate. Just be clear when you start a contract as to whether you are willing to work them or not and what you'll charge.After all-You're the boss!!!:laughing:

Ali x:)

lauredt
13-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I take after schoolers on for that day and charge the same daily rate as the under 5's. I love not working during the holidays, but I thoroughly enjoy making inset day "Special" (this is usually when routines are not strictly adhered to and we all go out for the day)
Laurence

mama2three
13-07-2010, 06:21 PM
my term time only childs mum works in a school - like many do. She still needs to be there even on an inset day etc so I work , and charge her a full day fee.

miffy
13-07-2010, 07:43 PM
I usually have extra children on inset days and charge them for the day.

If an after-schooler didn't come because it was an inset day I would still charge them what they would have paid for the after school session

Miffy xx

gigglinggoblin
13-07-2010, 07:44 PM
I only work term time but I am flexible about these. If parents want them I work for normal rate, if not then I dont charge. If I wanted to be sure I was mindee-free for the day I would make sure parents had 4 weeks notice so they werent taken by surprise.

The Juggler
13-07-2010, 08:58 PM
inset days are officially term-time. A lot of my term=time only parents work in schools therefore they need to be in on inset days so if I didn't work they'd be a bit stuck.:)

susi513
13-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I let the parents choose. For teachers and others that expect to always need care, we agree on the contract that these days count as a term-time days and full fees are payable whether the child attends or not.

If they don't expect to need care on training days then we agree on the contract that they are counted as holidays and for over 5s I don't charge and don't save a space, for under fives its half fee retainer through the holidays.

MrsShell
14-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice.

I think the easiest thing to do is let the parents choose when they sign the contracts whether they count as term-time days or not. Then at least they are given the option.

Thanks again for your help.:thumbsup: