PDA

View Full Version : calculating food expenses

VINASOL
13-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Hi,
I look after two children aged 8 and 11 before school (7-8.45) adn after school (3-6pm) 4 days a week.

They are eating me out of house and home and a 'light snack', consists of a lot of food. i don't mind this of course, but I'm buying food constantly and don't know how to calculate it. It's hard to just get food for them as I have my own 7yr old to feed as well.

I've kept food receipts, but how do I break it down?

Maria.

miss mopple
13-07-2010, 09:59 AM
I just put a set amount through per child each day. 75p for snacks and breakfast, £1.50 lunch and £2.00 per hot meal.

tashaleee
13-07-2010, 10:11 AM
I put a set amount through each day depending on the child (age and appetite) and keep my receipts :thumbsup:

The Juggler
14-07-2010, 06:15 AM
I charge a certain amount for food per day and this goes through as income. I then put through the actual costs as expenses as what I charge doesn't fully cover the food costs.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-07-2010, 07:34 AM
I divide my food bill by the number of mindees in the week and my family to get a percentage/amount per head and then multiply it by the number of mindees. I was told to do this by the IR but everyone does it differently.

Another way is to go through your receipt and work out how much the child is eating, get an average and then charge per day BUT with prices increasing as they are you would need to do this regularly or I think you will lose out

Have a look in the accounts section as there are a few posts on this

mrs robbie williams
14-07-2010, 01:26 PM
So if I keep my weekly food shopping receipt, divide it my 9 (5 in my family and 4 mindees) I can claim back the percentage x 4 ? No one has explained what I can and cant claim so i have only been keeping receipts for toys xx