PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Under the Sea Party Food

Chell
12-07-2010, 03:02 PM
My DD and mindee have been doing an 'Under the Sea' project at school. Parents are invited in for a party and to see their work on Thursday.

They've asked for food from under the sea or related to that theme. DD is vegetarian so I don't want fishy. My only idea is to use our star shaped cutter to make some star fish biscuits.

ANy other ideas please?

jumpinjen
12-07-2010, 03:16 PM
You could make little puff pastry tarts that are fish shaped, just roll out the pastry, cut out your shape and add toppings of your choice then bake until golden..... yummy!! display them on a play with shredded lettuce as seaweed?

Jenni:)

Ali56
12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi Chell, You could make sandwiches aswell as biscuits with a star cutter!
do you have a ship cutter? there are submarines and shipwrecks too! either that or you could make something that resembles a coral reef-lots of different colourful food/fruit could be used!(maybe something set in jelly-don't know if you can get vegetarian jelly) depends on how much time/artistic talent you have, and what the school are after!:)

Ali x

breezy
12-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Seaweed from local chinese?

jelly "fish" !!!!!!!!

Pineapple ( for all the spongebob fans)!!!!!

sandy64
12-07-2010, 05:03 PM
fish shaped pizzas shell shaped biscuits savoury and sweet,

RainbowMum
12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
cous cous = sand?

angiemog
12-07-2010, 05:23 PM
star shaped scones x

sandy64
12-07-2010, 05:27 PM
if you make boats its easy to cut a orange in half empty it then make jelly inside it when set cut in quarters then add a sail made from cocktail stick and paper good size for lo

desiderata
12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
ice cream sandcastles go down well. Make sure you sterilise the buckets first then break up digestive biscuits or equivalent to make sand cover the inside of the bucket with this then spoon ice cream inside and cover the with sand freeze until party then turn out and serve. Kids love emxx

Chell
12-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks, she has to take the food in at 9am and the party isn't till after school at 5pm so I couldn't fo some of the ideas. I think they'd want finger foods too.

I did a search on eBay and found some edible cake toppers with a fish design. The seller is going to post them first class tomorrow so fingers crossed they'll come ready for mindee and DD to make cakes on Wednesday after school. I;ll get some blue food colouring to make a sea colour icing.

I love the Sponge Bob pineapple idea. I also wondered about making a blue coloured drink so it looked like sea water they are drinking.

I also remembered you can get little biscuits/pretzel selections that have fish shapes- I think Asda Smartprice. Another thing was those Belgian shell chocolates.

I only need to take one thing though, I want to do more. :laughing: