PDA

View Full Version : Keeping old course work? - help please

Pauline
12-07-2010, 06:50 AM
I have course work from my NVQ 3 which is now over 15 years old, plus course work from Child Development and PLA courses over 20 years old! It all sits in the bottom of a wardrobe in about 20 files and takes up lots of room.

I kept it 'just in case' I needed it again, but it is just gathering dust.

What do you think, should I get rid of it or do you think I could ever have use for it again?

It is more sentimental for all the hard work I did, rather than any other reason - but space is needed so I think it should go unless anyone has a reason to keep it which I had not thought of. :)

HELP!! :D

angeldelight
12-07-2010, 06:52 AM
I do not think you will need it again - things have changed so much

But all your hard work ? - do you really want to throw it away :laughing:

Sorry I am not much help am I :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Roseolivia
12-07-2010, 06:54 AM
I always keep mine too so can't help as i have the same problem as you.

sarah707
12-07-2010, 06:55 AM
I recycled all mine a few years ago.

With the best will in the world I am not going to look at it again :D

Pauline
12-07-2010, 06:56 AM
But all your hard work ? - do you really want to throw it away :laughing:

Angel xx

No, but I am in a ruthless Spring/Summer cleaning mode at the moment plus all that paper will be good for the environment - imagine all the recycling! :laughing:

miffy
12-07-2010, 06:58 AM
I think you should ditch it! :)

Ps - once you've finished yours can you come and sort mine out? :laughing:

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
12-07-2010, 07:04 AM
No, but I am in a ruthless Spring/Summer cleaning mode at the moment plus all that paper will be good for the environment - imagine all the recycling! :laughing:

I am doing the exact same thing this morning :thumbsup: I'm being ruthless too, I must have at least 20 file boxes to go through and shred what I don't want.

Carol xx

huggableshelly
12-07-2010, 07:05 AM
I voted keep it BUT

I only kept the final assignemnts from my BTEC not the notes etc.
same with everything else including the OU I did last year.

I have my old school books still LOL think maybe I should dispose of them now too!

angeldelight
12-07-2010, 07:07 AM

Dont even give yourself chance to think about it then

BIN IT , BIN IT , BIN IT

AND DO IT NOW

:laughing: :laughing:

xxx

FussyElmo
12-07-2010, 07:07 AM
I voted get rid :blush: even though I put mine on the pile of things to be saved from fire :blush:

Ok I will go and put it on the scrap pile :)

RedDragon
12-07-2010, 07:10 AM
My Brother in law has a big house - it is FULL of jnk - they even keep old wine bottles in the outhouse - why???

They may as well live in a 1 bed flat becase if you took off all the room they used for junk that is the space they have left.

I know your situation is different but really - GET RID! :laughing:

Pauline
12-07-2010, 07:32 AM
I am doing the exact same thing this morning :thumbsup: I'm being ruthless too, I must have at least 20 file boxes to go through and shred what I don't want.

Carol xx

We can do it together, it will be thereputic :D

Miffy - no chance!! :laughing:

Huggy - thankfully all my school books went when we had to clear my mum and dad's house when they passed on, otherwise I am sure they would be in the loft now :rolleyes:

angeldelight
12-07-2010, 07:55 AM

Carol xx

Yes and I am sure since I have known you you have wanted to sort these

Bet you do not do it today :laughing:

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
12-07-2010, 08:00 AM
hmmmm i don't know, as I am a bit of a keeper for somethings. It may be beneficial if you are doing some up to date work and for comparison and it was lots of hard work. but as you say, its gathering dust.

I am a bit of a keeper myself as I love the value and interest it adds to my family history research. My mum had some of her old school books and some of her mothers school books for example and it was fascinating (to me).

tulip0803
12-07-2010, 08:29 PM
I voted to get rid as things have changed soooo much - but I cannot practice what I preach cos I may have a use for that bit of work there. It was only this year that I binned the 'Blue Book Essex Child Protection Guidelines' and I moved from Essex 7 years ago:laughing:

The Juggler
12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
if it's hard to part with it - that's your answer. Buy a nice box, pop it in, pop it in the loft.

If you're hard, I just chucked out all hard copies of this years coursework:eek: apart from my research report as it's all on my memory stick. My research report is a compilation with lots of hand written notes and highlights so will be kept for posterity.

:)

miffy
12-07-2010, 08:57 PM
OK - so what did you decide to do Pauline?

And Carol, have you cleared the clutter?

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
12-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I got rid of all my stuff about 10 days ago, finally ran out of space and wanted a clutter free, newly decorated bedroom, no more loft space for luxuries, just critical stuff, so it had to go.

Could you get a scanner and scan some of it onto your pc, then you could sort of keep it, but not in paper form, if you really cant face getting rid fully.

I made a lot of hard decisions in the name of space, old cards, some pics etc, but was starting to feel bogged down by how much I had, it was very therapeutic and i feel better for the clearout.

Now i am off to sleep the first night in my new bed, newly decorated clutter free room!!!!:clapping: :clapping:

singingcactus
13-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I would say, if you have a huge house in which to store 15 year old outdated coursework, then go for it. If you live in a regular busy family home where space is a premium then it is time to say farewell to the pieces of paper cluttering your wardrobe floor. :D

christine e
13-07-2010, 10:16 AM
of course you should bin it but where is mine? Yes gathering dust just like yours. If you take the plunge and bin it I might do the same:laughing:

Cx

tashaleee
13-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Logically I would have said bin it.... but mine is all in the loft :blush: