PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to do another contract?

brit_chick
31-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Hiya peeps. I had two new brothers start last week but unfortunately the mum wants to cut the hours as she has been messed about with child tax :( & now she carnt afford the full hours on the contract.I just wanted to know if we have to do another contract or do we change the original one?

miffy
31-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Well I'd do a new contract but don't understand why she can't afford the full hours surely that will be Ok when the tax credits are sorted out and that should be backdated

If you already have a contract she should give you whatever notice period you agreed before reducing her hours unless you choose to waive that

miffy xx

Alibali
31-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Any changes to contract I have done always involve a new contract. It makes life easier.

Ali:)

sarah707
31-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Like Miffy I'm not sure what she's up to... but yes, I agree I would do a new contract :D

berkschick
31-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I would do a new contract but I think I would also draw something up for her to sign saying she has reduced the hours.

I would tell her that you will be posting this to the tax credit people to inform them of the change.

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here, but it sounds like she has got her money from them and is now reducing her hours with you but keeping the differance :mad:

miffy
31-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Sound advice from Debbie

Miffy xx

crazybones
31-03-2008, 08:31 PM
I would do a new contract but I think I would also draw something up for her to sign saying she has reduced the hours.

I would tell her that you will be posting this to the tax credit people to inform them of the change.

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree here, but it sounds like she has got her money from them and is now reducing her hours with you but keeping the differance :mad:

Crossed my mind too.

brit_chick
31-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Well this is what she has tould me. After she decided she wanted me she rang up for help with childcare & they tould her that they would beable to pay at least 90% of the childcare & now they have said they carnt pay that much so now she needs to cut the hours with me

miffy
31-03-2008, 08:36 PM
You could always ring them yourself and ask

Miffy xx

berkschick
31-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I thought the most they could pay was 80% anyway?

But if what she is saying is true, reducing her hours at work and therefore with you doesnt really help anyway!

Its all relative if you think about it.

She will still have to pay whatever % they have decided.

Obviously it will be less if your hours are less but her wage is less so she has less coming in in the first place!

brit_chick
31-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Her boyfriend will be cutting his hours not her.As he is only part time so it will be easier for him

berkschick
31-03-2008, 08:45 PM
But either way it doesnt really make much differance to them.

Personally, I would her to sign something.

You dont want the tax people thinking you are earning XXX from her when really you are only earning XX because she reduced her hours.

You need to inform them to protect yourself!