PDA

View Full Version : Making Play Dough

Chell
11-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I really need to get myself more familiar with the EYFS and linking activities to the aspects.

I made play dough with my three year old mindee and my daughter on Friday. I want to type up the recipe and add a picture to his learning journey along with how it links to the EYFS.

I'm just going to read through the EYFS but can anyone tell me what making play dough links to. I'm not going to read the replies to the thread till I see what I come up with.

Thanks, be back soon.........................................

RainbowMum
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Well - you have PSR&N with the measuring ingerdients and changing properties uuummmm....PSED sharing tools and taking turns.......ummmm PD - fine motor skills, stirring & kneading..... CLL sticky, lumpy, gooey etc, CD using the dough to create ..... I'm sure I could come up with a KUW if I hadn't had a glass of wine :blush:

christine e
11-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Well - you have PSR&N with the measuring ingerdients and changing properties uuummmm....PSED sharing tools and taking turns.......ummmm PD - fine motor skills, stirring & kneading..... CLL sticky, lumpy, gooey etc, CD using the dough to create ..... I'm sure I could come up with a KUW if I hadn't had a glass of wine :blush:

KUW design and making - exploration and investigation

Cx

Chell
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
I've went through every single page (I must start at the back sometimes as I lose enthusiasm by the last few sections :eek: ) and came up with:

Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Dispositions and attitudes
Self-confidence and self-esteem
Making relationships
Behaviour and self-control
Self care

Communication, Language and Literacy
Language for communication
Language for thinking

Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
Numbers as labels for counting
Shape, space and measure

Physical Development
Using equipment and materals

Creative Development
Responding to experiences, expressing and communicating ideas
Exploring media and materials

Possible Next steps:
Link this into CCL (writing & handwriting) by providing tools. cutters, etc to make marks in the play dough.
Link the activity to PSRN (calculating) – make some currant buns with play dough and sing the nursery rhyme.
Develop imagination and imaginative play – role-play with the currant buns, taking it in turns to be the baker and the person buying them.

I typed it all out rather than use the tick sheet I have as an exercise to help me retain the info. :blush: This is how it linked to the 3yr old who was with me. He isn't very verbal so what others might have covered he didn't.