PDA

View Full Version : Messed up on Charges and not going to suffer

Hayley G
11-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I have currently got 3 under 5's 5 days a week and no schoolies. 2 of the childen are moving away meaning that I have now got new children starting in September - inc school pick ups.

This was all new to me and decided to charge £5 per hour for min 2 hrs. I was so concerned with replacing the children I am losing I just wanted to secure something. The parent then mentioned that the 2 boys would be term time only and at the time I did not think about a retainer as I have never had to charge one before.

Now I could kick myself for not thinking about it now :blush: . Has anyone come across any holiday only children as this might save me?

Hayley

Monkey1
11-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Are contracts signed? if not you could put it in, if yes i don't think there is much you can do!

I always charge 50% if the space is available, ie if i'm on holiday too( like the last week of the summer hols this year) i don't charge

singlewiththree
11-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I have holiday only children and that works well, just get chatting at the school and let people know your available, put up postcards etc. I'm under cutting myself all the time, not good is it?

Saranotts
11-07-2010, 04:35 PM
All my schoolies are term time only and it works out fine as some still book days and then I have other people who only want holiday cover.

Good luck and I hope it works out the same for you.

Sara

sarah707
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Most of my schoolies are term time only.

I wouldn't dream of asking them to pay through the holidays if that's all they want me for.

They are more likely to go to the after school club which is hugely cheaper.

Instead I either try to fill holiday spaces or enjoy being quieter :D

Chatterbox Childcare
11-07-2010, 05:38 PM

I wouldn't dream of asking them to pay through the holidays if that's all they want me for.

me too. You may lose them if you now introduce a charge

mamasheshe
11-07-2010, 06:22 PM
i wouldn't charge for after schoolies who are term time only in the hols xx

sonia ann
11-07-2010, 07:32 PM

I do the same. I'm always getting phone calls for holiday care.............just let it be known that you are available and I'm sure they will come:)

louise-marie
15-07-2010, 07:31 PM
If they are only asking for term time then you can't really charge for holiday time. Take a break or look for some holiday mindee's, though i think this is difficult as My local holiday club charges £16 for a full day, :eek: my daughter is booked in for a few days over the six weeks as i think its a bargin :jump for joy:

The Juggler
15-07-2010, 08:08 PM

me too! I have some all year round children who come a few days and I like the fact I have less children in the holidays. I don't know how Hebs and the others cope 5, days per week with all those children in the hols. 3 days I can manage or 5 with a few children but not both:panic: :panic: :panic:

tulip0803
16-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I have had term-time children and holiday children that share a place before.

I am supposed to have a mum coming to sign holiday contracts for 2 today but her new job won't tell her hours/days (supposed to start Mon):eek: . I know this is not the Mum messing me about because my DS is due to start working there too and he is still waiting for hours & days too:rolleyes: .

So I need term timers now:D