PDA

View Full Version : how to meet individual needs of children?

louise-marie
09-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Any ideas how to answer this question for CCLD.

Reflect on how you provide information to parents on how you will meet individual needs of children, welcome from all backgrounds, remove barriers to participation, involve community groups and discuss childrens rights with them. Include how you evaluate your own practice to ensure your being inclusive.

Only got a few more tick boxes left to fill and my mind has turned to mush, thanks all x x :rolleyes:

jo f
09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Build upon their personal likes/ dislikes, into planning activities
eg likes cars- tyre printing etc etc

louise-marie
09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks any idea how to evaluate practice to ensure Im being inclusive? :panic:

sarah707
10-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks any idea how to evaluate practice to ensure Im being inclusive? :panic:

You might use an accessibility audit.

This would audit (check) your house and garden to make sure you are making what the Disability Discrimination Act calls 'reasonable adjustments' to welcome all children and their families.

So you might audit your provision for eg...

A child who is deaf and needs a hearing loop - how would you get one?

A child who has asthma and needs a low allergy garden - what changes might you make?

A child who cannot get into your toilet because of the size of the door frame - what could you do?

A child with a walking frame if you have steps going up to your front door - how could you enable the child to get in?

Those sorts of things.

I am actually writing an article for ECM (Essential Childminder Magazine) about this one right now! I find it fascinating :D

louise-marie
13-07-2010, 05:40 PM
You might use an accessibility audit.

This would audit (check) your house and garden to make sure you are making what the Disability Discrimination Act calls 'reasonable adjustments' to welcome all children and their families.

So you might audit your provision for eg...

A child who is deaf and needs a hearing loop - how would you get one?

A child who has asthma and needs a low allergy garden - what changes might you make?

A child who cannot get into your toilet because of the size of the door frame - what could you do?

A child with a walking frame if you have steps going up to your front door - how could you enable the child to get in?

Those sorts of things.

I am actually writing an article for ECM (Essential Childminder Magazine) about this one right now! I find it fascinating :D

thanks i'll have to look out for that