PDA

View Full Version : Starting Monday- children for 30 minutes?

HandD
09-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi, i'm starting my childminding on Monday and I will be having 2 children, brother and sister who will be ariving at 8.30am. It's for such a short time though as I will drop the 3 year old off at play group at 8.45 and the 4 year old of at school at 9am. So in total, 15 minutes for one child and 30 minutes for the other. Just 1 day a week.

Most of this time will be taken up with the walk to playgroup/school and putting on coats etc so in the house for 5 to 10 minutes.

My question is if anyone could please advise, do i need to do planning, daily diary's and learning journey's for these children?

I notice you do not have to be registered if you look after a child for less than 2 hours a day, does this mean you dont have to do all those things if you care for a child less than 2 hours or is this wishful thinking?

Sorry for asking silly questions but I dont start my 'introduction to childcare' course untill September.

karensmart4
09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
I wouldn't think so, as long as you have all the paperwork ie contracts emergency contacts etc. That should be all thats expected for such short periods of time.