PDA

View Full Version : problem?

littlestar
09-07-2010, 02:01 PM
I dont know where to begin so hope you all understand this
right this is what happens i do ob's on mindee's mainly unnplanned because they are all under 3 i do that lovely i do picture, ob, eyfs comment and area, then next steps ah! this is the problem how do i plan my next step do i note down what the next step was put it right in front of me cos id forget to look and then do a planned ob on it at a later date? someone help me im going crazy thinking about it and dont no where to start?

Daftbat
09-07-2010, 04:01 PM
You need to be a bit more general perhaps with your next steps so that they can be achieved in a variety of different ways. I put what sort of thing i expect a child to be able to do next e.g. walk half way to school or climb the stairs unaided etc then if they walk a long way in the park or climb on a piece of play equipment it still fits. You can link activities to all sorts of things but don't worry anyway if you miss doing specific obs on certain areas, what Mrs O is looking for is an awareness from you that you appreciate the different areas of development and provide opportunities for them to move forward.

karensmart4
09-07-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm with Daftbat on this one, do general next steps...'A likes looking at themself in the mirror' Next step; put more mirrors around at childs height' (safety mirrors obviously :)
'B kicks a ball well, Next step; purchase different sizes/types of balls to add to our resources'
Hope that helps :) Karen

jumpinjen
09-07-2010, 06:20 PM
I do this too, with general next steps, but then I use them as 'starting points' for the following week's planning so if it was to explore more balls I might note that then plan to vsiit the toy library to borrow some, or if it is to climb unaided, plan a visit to a park with steps up to a slide that I think the child can manage.... this shows that you are linking obs to planning. If the plan doesn't come off for whatever reason, just put a line through it and state why it didn't happen!

hope that helps, jenni