PDA

View Full Version : scraggy bird!

sweets
08-07-2010, 12:06 PM
i always feed the birds in my garden with seed holders and fat balls etc and sometimes bread crusts and get lots of little visitors which the children love to watch through the patio doors.

about a week ago we were watching a group of sparrows, a family i think as the some of them are still at the fluffy stage, but there was one who is the most scraggy bird ive seen! hardly any feathers and very skinny, obviously the runt! lol. but seemed to be the boss of the group. i didnt think he would survive long but every day hes back taking his pick of the food but doesnt seem to be getting bigger!

my four year old mindee has named him scraggy and will be heartbroken if as i expect he wont turn up one day, ive explained to him that he may not survive as not all birds do but i feel so mean saying that! lol.

bit of a pointless post i know but thought you might like to know :laughing: :laughing:

little chickee
08-07-2010, 12:53 PM
If Scraggy does fail to turn up just tell mindee that it has flown south for the winter! Just a bit early!

Cammie Doodle
08-07-2010, 01:40 PM
If Scraggy does fail to turn up just tell mindee that it has flown south for the winter! Just a bit early!

That's what I would suggest too, I know its not being totally honest:blush: , but a little white lie won't harm anyone :D