PDA

View Full Version : Cadbury World

Tink
08-07-2010, 07:39 AM
I am thinking about taking DD to Cadbury World on Saturday it's a 2 hour drive for us, I just wondered if anyone had ever been and what are your thoughts?

funfunfun
08-07-2010, 07:55 AM
Havnt but would love to yummmmmmmmm :)

RedDragon
08-07-2010, 09:45 AM
http://www.visittheheart.co.uk/vouchernew.aspx?id=9d35f601-47aa-48ac-b845-80ab9f442969&group=70&Category=131&county=1&voucher=4312

kindredspirits
08-07-2010, 10:04 AM
my step daughter didn't rate it tbh - she said there was a display about the history of chocolate, a cafe and a big shop - little else - she thought they'd actually see chocolate being made.

RedDragon
08-07-2010, 10:06 AM
my step daughter didn't rate it tbh - she said there was a display about the history of chocolate, a cafe and a big shop - little else - she thought they'd actually see chocolate being made.

I remember seeing chocolate being made - but we went years ago.

Also, there was a little ride (taking you through cadbury world) and you had your pic taken

kindredspirits
08-07-2010, 10:15 AM
maybe that bit was closed when she went? :rolleyes:

Ticktoria
08-07-2010, 11:11 AM
I went years ago (as part of a hen-do) and we saw the chocolate being made, had tasting of liquid chocolate (YUM!!). I thought it was goiod - but it was years ago :)

jaytravis
08-07-2010, 11:18 AM
we went this year nearly a 2 hr drive for us didnt rate it at all u get 3 bars of chocolate free u dont see any being made just already packaged going along a conver belt behind a screen u pay alot not not a lot. the history bit was quite good but my 2 kids 5 and 8 were not thst fussed.

miffy
08-07-2010, 11:20 AM
We saw chocolate being made but it was a long time ago

There weren't enough free samples for me! :laughing:

Miffy xx

RedDragon
08-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Why don't you just buy a ton of chocolate goodies, buy Willy Wonka dvd, watch it together, make chocolate cake.

:clapping:

miffy
08-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Why don't you just buy a ton of chocolate goodies, buy Willy Wonka dvd, watch it together, make chocolate cake.

:clapping:
:laughing: :laughing: That sounds much less hassle!

Miffy xx

Mrs.L.C
08-07-2010, 11:59 AM
went years ago and it was fab and you got to taste chocolates as you went round and watched them make it. Went again couple years ago and its was boring to be honest...didnt get to see as much and just got given a couple of chocolate bars in a bag

Tink
08-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Well quite a few different stories there i'll let you all know what it's like when i've been

RedDragon
08-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Well quite a few different stories there i'll let you all know what it's like when i've been

don't forget to print the voucher out

Tink
08-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Thank you but me DD is only 2 so she gets in free:clapping:

angeldelight
08-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I am thinking about taking DD to Cadbury World on Saturday it's a 2 hour drive for us, I just wondered if anyone had ever been and what are your thoughts?

I live about 15 min away

I went years ago and I also went again last year

We also used the voucher that has been mentioned

It is ok but do not expect anything really fantastic

You do see how chocolate is made there is a small demonstration area where you can have a go and your daughter might like this but if its busy you cant get close enough

You also have a little train ride inside to another section - the kids enjoyed this and you can have your picture taken

It is only a few hours in there - just imagine a factory really it is nothing more nothing less

Oh you get some free choc samples and a very small chocolate drink - they give you a token for that and you collect it near the play area
Again a massive wait we nearly did not bother
When you get it you will laugh at the size and think " is that it " but its really sickly and you see why thats all you get ha
You can add two different toppings to the drink like marshmellows and lots of other weird toppings

Also a shop selling lots of goodies

Another area where you can have a go on the computers and design a cadbury wrapper

Its the sort of place you enjoy at the time but you would not go again if you know what I mean

Have a good day

Angel xx

angeldelight
08-07-2010, 03:50 PM
If you are coming to Birmingham again

Make sure you take your daughter to " think tank "

It is so much better than cadburys

There is a whole floor dedicated to role play and its fantastic
I take the kids just for this floor and we spend the day there

There is a play cafe and a kitchen a doctors and a baby clinic a few other things too
Loads of clothes for the children to get dressed up in

Everything is their size I would love to be a child again because it is fantastic

Also a large water play area where they can play with boats etc in the water

A fantastic place and ideal for a 2 year old like your daughter

Angel xxx

RedDragon
08-07-2010, 03:59 PM
http://www.visittheheart.co.uk/vouchernew.aspx?county=1&group=70&Page=5&id=36294c99-7ce4-4bc6-87d0-0eec09d22db3&voucher=5111

Think tank birmingham voucher :thumbsup:

angeldelight
08-07-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.visittheheart.co.uk/vouchernew.aspx?county=1&group=70&Page=5&id=36294c99-7ce4-4bc6-87d0-0eec09d22db3&voucher=5111

Think tank birmingham voucher :thumbsup:

Oh thanks for that reddragon thats brill

Angel xxx

little miss chatterbox
08-07-2010, 04:17 PM
thank you for both of these suggestions and to red dragon for the vouchers.

We're going that way to stay with relatives in the summer and was looking for things to do!

Any more suggestions? We'll probably only be there for 4 days and hope to visit the black country museum.

We're staying near dudley but don't mind a little travelling!

RedDragon
08-07-2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.visittheheart.co.uk/offers/

Have a look through these-it mentions Black Country.

angeldelight
08-07-2010, 07:26 PM
thank you for both of these suggestions and to red dragon for the vouchers.

We're going that way to stay with relatives in the summer and was looking for things to do!

Any more suggestions? We'll probably only be there for 4 days and hope to visit the black country museum.

We're staying near dudley but don't mind a little travelling!

I love the Black Country Museum hope you enjoy it

xxx

little miss chatterbox
29-08-2010, 08:43 PM
think we're off to the black country museum tuesday. We arrived in dudley today - any suggestions for tomorrow? we're thinking of going to bridgenorth or merry hill

charleyfarley
29-08-2010, 09:32 PM
think we're off to the black country museum tuesday. We arrived in dudley today - any suggestions for tomorrow? we're thinking of going to bridgenorth or merry hill

We went to the Black Country Museum last week and had a great time, the children loved it :clapping:

Although we couldn't get any chips, the queues were always to long and the old sweet shop only had a small selection to buy as with the cake shop too.

You will enjoy it though, the children loved the old school lesson we sat in :thumbsup:

Carol xx

wendywu
30-08-2010, 08:48 AM
We went to the Black Country in march, we stayed two nights in a hotel for my DH birthday. We liked the canal trip through the tunnels.

It was his second visit as he really liked it the first time we went, i think it was the old ale in the pub :laughing:

Beamish up near newcastle is also a living museum and really good fun.

Then down near me is Milestones which is the same thing but all inside, great if its raining.:D