PDA

View Full Version : Required planning for 15 month old?

Mrs M
08-07-2010, 07:23 AM
I have had an enquiry to mind a 15 month old and the family is visiting me soon. I'll be showing them the file I keep on my 3 1/2 year old son to show how I observe and plan, without obviously breaking any confidentiality. However, what planning is required for a 15 month old? I understand that formal planning is required from the age of three. However, I've always done formal planning for all the children in my care, regardless of their ages.
Thanks very much.

sarah707
08-07-2010, 08:18 AM
For all children you plan a range of adult-led and child initiated activities.

For little ones the adult-led parts of the day tend to be mostly following the child's next steps, as determined by their obs.

For older ones you also include activities you know they will enjoy like your themes / topics or global planning.

You should have a copy of my e-book 'play and activities for under 3s' ... if you've lost it I will re-send.

:D

wendy222
08-07-2010, 08:35 AM
hi sarah 707 iwould i get an ebook for play and acitvities for under 3 thanks wendy

sarah707
08-07-2010, 05:15 PM
hi sarah 707 iwould i get an ebook for play and acitvities for under 3 thanks wendy

Hi Wendy, have a nosey round my Knutsford Childminding (http://www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk) website for more information :D