PDA

View Full Version : Becks non-alcoholic lager

Fabby
07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Is it safe for me to drink whilst pregnant because it as 0.05% of alcohol in it still even though on the front label its says NON alcoholic......

sarah707
07-07-2010, 08:51 PM
It was a long time ago but I had the odd glass of wine while pregnant and my 2 have turned out just fine!

If you are uncomfortable with it or not sure why not treat yourself to some nice posh flavoured water?

xx

Fabby
07-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I have been having limeade at home or lime and soda if out. I do like a beer though but there is no way i would have one whilst pregnant. I have a friend who is 5 months pregnant and whenever i have seen her as in at the cricket club or when we went out for lucnh on sunday, she would have 2 pints of shandy! I wouldnt dream of doing that, let alone of what people might think around her. I know it is shandy but it is still half lager and i just dont thnk that is right. She says she is always drinking shandy because she doesn't see the harm in it (there may not be any harm but..........)

jaytravis
08-07-2010, 06:20 AM
my step sis used to drink in her pregancys i used to tell her what she was doing wasnt really fair on baby (she used to drink every weekend ) and she would tell me its ok im havin larger tops witch it splash of lemonade on.
:panic:
im sure u will be fine but posh water is nice

daisyboo1980
08-07-2010, 07:03 AM
cobra zero non alcoholic is a nice one to or u can get a non alcoholic pear cider which is yummy

im 35 weeks tomorrow and ive been having the pear cider taste the same as the normal one but without the fuzzy head the next day lol

Pedagog
08-07-2010, 08:30 AM
0.5% is just because there may be some alcohol in it due to te manufacturing process, it will certainly not harm you or the baby, and more than drinking some posh brands of lemonade (http://www.drinkfentimans.com/)that are also shown as 0.5%.

Ripeberry
08-07-2010, 08:32 AM
It's OK! I had a craving for Becks when I was expecting my second daughter, I think my body just wanted the yeast! :p
With my first daughter I had a craving for hot peppers! :eek:

Ali56
08-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm sure its fine! If you don't feel comfortable then stick to the posh water! My 2 oldest are 17 and 15 now and have both turned out just fine (eldest off to uni next year-Arggh!), and I did have the odd drink when pregnant, there were not so many recommendations then! having said that i'd never go against the advice given now!
0.05% is very very little and probably no different to eating food cooked with alcohol in!:)

Ali x

funtoplay
08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi,

I used to drink non-alcoholic becks when i was pregnant. Great when at parties. Felt like i was having a drink, since i like the taste of lager. But really it was fine!!!!

Fabby
08-07-2010, 10:43 AM
okey dokey then, i will drink it! :)

little chickee
08-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Does it say 0.5% or 0.05%? Cos these are two very different quantities.

Fabby
08-07-2010, 01:01 PM
0.05% i know its low but just wanted opinions :)

little chickee
08-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Thats less than the lager shandy my kids drink - bought from the lemonade section in the supermarket which is 0.5% so i'm sure its absolutly fine - Enjoy!!