PDA

View Full Version : Planning will let me down...

mum2two
07-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Well, had the call from Mrs O today!

She's coming next Mon, Tues, Weds, or Weds after!

I'm not overly worried, as I pretty much have everything I can in place, but my planning will let me down...

I really struggle. I'm really not sure how much to plan - or how...

I have a weekly plan up on the wall. This is divided into days & time slots, so for example, one day might list

School/playschool run
Make sensory men
Snacks
free play
Playschool run/lunch
water play
singing
School run
Free play
Tidy up time
Home time

This will be every day, for that week.

On my notice board, I have what the theme is we have in the background, with a list of activites listed.

It will state activity, and then which areas of learning this relates to.

ie:

Flags KUW; looking at flags from around the world
PSRN; Talking about the different shapes, patterns & colours
PSED & CLL: Which ones they like, and why?

Design a kit CD; colours, designs, choices
CLL; using pens & pencils

Then in their L & D journeys, I have next steps linked to their obs, and termly next steps linked to their end of term assesments.

Although that sounds like a lot, looking back, it doesn't look like it.

Is there something else I should be doing, or do I sound like I'm doing ok...?

I am confident about everything else in my setting, and can justify why I have/do what I do, but not my planning...

Any help or advice, greatly recieved! :thumbsup:

xx

miss mopple
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
You are doing loads so relax! Far more than me- my inspector never even asked to see any planning :rolleyes: If it pleases S it'll get past any ofsted inspector :laughing:

You'll be fantastic. You're great at what you do and thats the main thing :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Text me the result as soon as she's gone :D

funemnx
07-07-2010, 05:51 PM
It all looks fabulous!

I'm sure it'll be fine, we do get ourselves in a state over inspections, but usually they aren't as bad as expected.

Plan something lovely for afterwards and hope she comes sooner rather than later :thumbsup:

mum2two
07-07-2010, 06:08 PM
You are doing loads so relax! Far more than me- my inspector never even asked to see any planning :rolleyes: If it pleases S it'll get past any ofsted inspector :laughing:

You'll be fantastic. You're great at what you do and thats the main thing :thumbsup:

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Text me the result as soon as she's gone :D

Will do!!

The only thing I have, is that no-one knows this inspector, so I don't know what she's hot on, so just making sure it's all in place!!!

She did say to me on the phone that they are hot on L & D journey's, which I told her I have in place, being a network minder, and almost eye acreditied, which she said was good! :thumbsup:

Can't remember what she said, but it made me reply that I had just completed my level 3, which she said to make sure I had evidence to show her. I then told her it's all in my network folder, where everything she needs to see will be!!

Man - I wasn't stressing about me inspection before, and felt quite confident, but now she's called - I'm panicing... I'm sure I have more than enough in place, but you never know what they're looking for... :rolleyes:

xx

miss mopple
07-07-2010, 07:31 PM
try googling her name to see if any reports come up- thats what I did

mum2two
07-07-2010, 07:39 PM
I have!! 1 for a CM, 2 for a nursery 1 for a school!

xx