PDA

View Full Version : Very complicated shifts!!! What to charge?

clio0602
07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I have had a parent contact me for a place for her baby on a confusing shift pattern and not sure what I should charge :panic:

My fees are £32 day or £4 hr.

I cannot accomodate all that she requires but can do most.

Here is the example rota she sent me of when she'd require care in July

Wk1 12.30-5.30 3 days
Wk2 7.30-1.30 2 days
Wk3 12.30-5.30 3 days
Wk4 12.30-5.30 2 days

All diff days

Was thinking a higher hourly rate but unsure £4.25 - £4.50????

Any ideas? Thanks x

Ripeberry
07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I'd go for a higher hourly rate as you will need to keep a space open for that child all week long.

judisteve
07-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Higher hourly rate - £5? and explain that to be able to offer her the flexibility each week she will be taking up a full time place, hence the higher rate. Alternatively, ask what the most hours per week will be and charge that every week. I think I know what she'll go for! You'll also need to make sure you have a cut off for when you need to know the shift pattern by and any changes arter a certain point will be charged. I generally fine pople who need that sort of flexibility are willing to pay a bit extra for it as they wouldn't get it from a nursery.

funemnx
07-07-2010, 03:56 PM
I have a new baby starting shortly who's mum will be doing very similar shifts.

She will be able to tell me a month in advance so that I can generate an invoice. I havn't charged her extra as will be full so the shorter weeks will be helping me out. If I was going to charge extra to cover the space, I would charge a minimum number of hours as contracted each week and charge for the extra hours as overtime.

susi513
07-07-2010, 05:19 PM
The way I've done it is to agree which days and hours they might need and therefore must be saved for the sole use of the child. We agree when they must notify which days they do/don't want. They pay full fees for time needed and half fees for remainder of the reserved time, subject to a minimum weekly fee (in case they don't book any days or only want a couple of hours one week).

The contract states when they must notify in writing of the days NOT needed, so if they do not notify me on time (or at all) they pay full fees for the whole reserved time.

When they tell me which times they don't need, I can advertise on ******************************* etc. If I do get to book out the place to another child (not yet happened!) I would then waive the fee for the time the place wasn't available to the contracted child.

If the parent wants to switch days or change the arrangement after the agreed notification day they can only do so if I agree and they pay full fees for the original hours booked, full fees for the new hours booked and half fees for any remaining time.

buildingblocks
07-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Here is the example rota she sent me of when she'd require care in July

Wk1 12.30-5.30 3 days
Wk2 7.30-1.30 2 days
Wk3 12.30-5.30 3 days
Wk4 12.30-5.30 2 days

I would be charging her for the hours she requires and the reamining hours Monday to Friday at half fee retainer as she is taking up a full time space.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I would charge a flat rate of £25 per day used (minimum of 3 days) up to 6 hours and then £4.50 thereafter

samanthat6987
09-07-2010, 07:37 AM
She requires a full time space so unfortunately to accomadate this she will have to pay for it. I would charge a slightly higher hourly rate and then a half fee retainer for the other days each week. Because she needs different days you are not likely to fill the others

Good Luck

clio0602
09-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks everyone. Still not decided what to tell her but I know she doesn't want to use nursery cos she'll be paying for alot of time she wont be using so I'll have to have a think today x