PDA

View Full Version : Statement from your Bank

arly
07-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Ive been going through the application form and have now reached the part where it says that i need to get a statement from my bank about my financial standing and reliability with regards to operating this service. Did everyone else do this?

**tinkerbell**
07-07-2010, 12:11 PM
i didn't because my local SCMA officer said i didn't need to, but they then sent me a letter to give to my bank to request the financial statement. so yes, you have to :(

xXx

arly
07-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Do they charge you for it?

**tinkerbell**
07-07-2010, 12:36 PM
erm i got told that they did; my dad used to work in a bank and he reckoned it could be about £50 :eek:

so i guess i'll be getting a bill soon; the care commission must have received the report as they just booked my pre-reg visit.

i'll keep you updated!

xXx

crazyhazy
07-07-2010, 07:43 PM
This sounds familiar but I know I didn't request anything from my bank and wasn't asked to, I only registered in April too.

Alibali
07-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I think it's a new thing, I never had to do it - probably just as well:blush:

fionamal
07-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Must be a new thing cos I didnt when i registered in 2006

rickysmiths
07-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Goodness I'm glad I live in England. I would tell Ofsted where to go if they ever asked for anything financial apart from evidence that I am registered with the IR. What business is it of anyone but yours as to your status with your bank?

buildingblocks
07-07-2010, 08:15 PM
That is dreadful why do they need to see your financial records.

Only the IR have any right to see your financial things I thought. Not even Ofsted ask to see financial records. (am presuming you are not in England looking at other replies)

I would query why they need to see this. "financial standing and reliability with regards to operating this service" seems an odd reason as you may not have been working for hte past 10 years and playing devils advocate you could have millions in the bank form drugs money and be horrible to children.

arly
07-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes this is a Scottish thing....Ive got a local CM coming on friday so going to ask her and see. You have to start your business from the bottom basically and build your funds. :)

**tinkerbell**
07-07-2010, 11:35 PM
it is a very new thing - brought in with the new application form about three months ago which is confusing the heck out of everyone ... the problem is they have changed it so the application is to register a 'care service', as in any care service, not just childminding. so when you first look at it you go :eek: because they're asking for building plans and surveys and everything under the sun.
but after many panicked phone calls and emails to my local SCMA officer, we worked out that childminders don't need a lot of it, they just don't make that clear.

even the care commission person who did my disclosure scotland said it's ridiculous and it's failed so spectacularly because no one knows how to use it that they're even thinking of changing it AGAIN so childminders have it separate again :rolleyes:

i was confused about the financial thing too; i haven't worked since last july so i live off my husband! so they're not going to find anything useful about me :huh: i assumed it was checking credit history/fraud, that kind of thing?

prettypie
08-07-2010, 08:45 AM
hi
Im currently reregistering as a childminder (cancelled registration a year ago and was told it would be a simple process to reregister if I ever wanted to come back to it. :rolleyes: New job was rotten and I miss childminding. Hmmm now got whole registration process to go through again :angry: so much for simple)
Anyway my bank just sent a letter saying they dont do financial statements cos of data protection blah blah . They will only do basic letter with no financial details on it. So now have to wait and see what care commission say as I have to post copy of banks letter refusing to give statement to them before they will let me know what to do next. Annoying thing is Care Commission officer admitted that this wasnt the first time it had happened.
Will post again when I get an answer just incase I get any info that could help anyone else in this position.

arly
08-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Well I was kind of wondering regards the data protection etc, thatl be interesting to see what the care commision make of it....keep me posted as I havent got that far yet. :)

crazyhazy
25-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Is there any update on this? My friend is just starting the registration process and is very confused about this bank statement part.

Thanks

Dizzy Ducklings
25-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Is there any update on this? My friend is just starting the registration process and is very confused about this bank statement part.

Thanks

Once you hand in your application form CC will send you a letter when they need the statement - take this letter to your bank and they should know what to do!
Although I've been to the bank with mines 4 times and they've still not sent it!!! :mad:

Mollymop
25-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Goodness I'm glad I live in England. I would tell Ofsted where to go if they ever asked for anything financial apart from evidence that I am registered with the IR. What business is it of anyone but yours as to your status with your bank?

I agree here, it's really not on is it!! Why do they need to know how financially stable you are to register as a minder. It's not like you are taking out a credit card or buying a new car on finance is it!? I think it is a disgrace

arly
25-10-2010, 07:10 PM
If you contact CC and ask them for the drafted letter to provide to your bank for a statement of financial standing, once you get this you take it to your bank, my buisness manager sent it off same day :clapping:

WeePud
28-10-2010, 11:25 AM
My bank drew me up a letter there and then- just saying ".... has banked with us for X number of years. During this time she has conducted her account satisfactorily and is considered to be a respected and trustworthy client."

My CCO seemed to think this was fine, so maybe worth getting something similar?

arly
03-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Think it just depends on who you bank with and the branch etc, i had a small fee to pay aswell.

AmandaA
07-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Glad I saw this thread, I have done all recommendation, lots work including having smoke alarms fitted etc ad you will all no not cheap! Especially when not earning and this bank letter worries me! Final inspection on Tuesday and my bank refused quite a few times and they finally agreed to do a very basic and I mean basic letter based on my business bank account, bank said can't do it on my personal account, they said it's really like a personal ref they wanting and my account is in joint names, if cc want to know your financial standing they should be paying for a credit check eek don't need that either! But it true. I hope after everything this does not stop me registering especially as I have a family wanting to sign up! So near yet so far!! Wish me luck and I might be able to sleep at night again lol

danasdaycare
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
My bank drew me up a letter there and then- just saying ".... has banked with us for X number of years. During this time she has conducted her account satisfactorily and is considered to be a respected and trustworthy client."

My CCO seemed to think this was fine, so maybe worth getting something similar?

Yes, my bank (Alliance/Santander) provided this as well. It was £10, though I have heard some banks charge more.

arly
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Yes the banks really are not helpful at all when it comes to this financial statement...I think the wording of it all confuses them as they dont refer to it as a financial statement. If they dont give you one the care commission can give you a draft of a letter to give to the bank. My bank said the Care Commission should really be writing direct to the banks for it.

Good luck with registering. I registered on 15th October and got 2 girls and really enjoying it glad I did it. :)

Chimps Childminding
07-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Really don't see what its got to do with them!!

Good job they didn't have to have my financial info when I registered 12 years ago!! We permanently lived on the overdraft - hence the reason for my going back to work in the first place:rolleyes:

Cammie Doodle
07-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh Great, if we move back to Scotland I will have to go through all this :(

arly
07-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Tne bank manager basically said all that she would put is I have a bank account and that i have banked with them for xx amount of years and thats it!! so really what a waste of time they dont get anything out of it.

AmandaA
11-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Posting this to hopefully try put some people at ease ! My letter from bank was based on my business account which I just opened. Very basic letter saying I had opened an account with them an it had ran well an bank could not forsee problems. Had my final inspection and that was enough according to Cco yippee cant wait to start with my mindees x

arly
25-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Update :thumbsup: all new childminders thinking of registering will be glad to know that this is being dropped from the application form so my DO announced today. :clapping: