PDA

View Full Version : Worried about visit from Early Years Team tomorrow

Beachbum
31-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi

I have someone from the council early years team tomorrow, they are going to help go through some paperwork but does anyone know if they look around the house? I don't want to spend all night making the entire house completely spotless if they won't be going in all the bedrooms ect

Can anyone help?!? I'm starting to panic!

B x

deeb66
31-03-2008, 01:07 PM
I would have thought that they will only be there to help with the paperwork.

They may ask questions about the house but wouldn't think they would want to see bedrooms etc.

I might be wrong though.....sorry....I haven't helped really have I :rolleyes:

Schnakes
31-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi - dont know what area you are in but over here we have the whole house inspected.

Hope this helps,

Sx

deeb66
31-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi - dont know what area you are in but over here we have the whole house inspected.

Hope this helps,

Sx

It's not an inspection S....just someone from early Years going to help with paperwork.

If it was Ofsted then I would say yes but as they are only there to help with paperwork I wouldn't have thought so.

crazybones
31-03-2008, 01:13 PM
When my Early Years coordinator comes she just comes for a chat to help you and advise you on paperwork and training and stuff. There is no need to see your house. Just give her a cuppa and have a chat.

Beachbum
31-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm sure they won't want to inspect as OfSted do that but then I started to worry! I'll give everywhere a dust and a hoover but won't go too mad!

Thanks again, this forum is wonderful!

B xxx

Tatia
31-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Hah, when my early years team come to visit, they are generally tripping over toys and moving piles of paperwork from the table to make room for their stuff!:D

Banana
31-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I'd just make sure your house looks like any other house with kids in it....

like a bomb just hit :D

xxx

angeldelight
31-03-2008, 03:54 PM
I agree with Dee

But so what if you havent made a bed or something she is not going to judge you is she

Good luck hope she explains the paper work to you

Angel xx

cuddlybunny38
31-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi all mine did was ask few questions.I did show her the house though as she is a really good friend also( I was a minder before and we went about together) just to show her bits that I had and ideas that I hadd done which she was going to add to her knowledge for other newbies.

nell57
31-03-2008, 04:08 PM
When the early years lady came to mine, she just wanted to go over recommandations from when i had first visit from Osted, such as attending course on Birth to 3 and to make sure we had removed a tree stump from the garden. She was really nice, sure you've nothing to worry about.

Helen

Rach30
31-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi , When my early years person came round she did look around the house but only to be helpful ie so i could get an idea of how ofsted would look and to give me any pointers she thought i might need . Dont panic tho . Hope it all goes well.

sarah707
01-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Good luck today!

Let us know how you get on! :D