PDA

View Full Version : DHC Unit 2 B&C - HELP!!!

harrysgirl
06-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Hi
Wondered if anyone who has completed this unit can help me - please!!!
Have had a complete writers block on:
B. Analyse the role of the practitioner in promoting children's rights - particularly negative and positive aspects???
C. Explain why it is important to promote children's rights in the home-based setting

Any help for these would be more than gratefully received
Thanks in anticipation

angeldelight
07-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Bumping up

Angel xx

sarah707
07-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Promoting children's rights is about listening to children; taking notice of what they are saying; informing parents of their rights and being aware of them yourself.

You could start with the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and work from there :D

mrsbish01
07-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi Harrysgirl
Im just finishing the DHC and unit 2 was definately the toughest unit!! Although i did get an A :clapping:

C - I used quotes such as UNCRC Art 3, EYFS 'every child deserves the best possible start in life and support to fulfil their potential..... (and followed this quote through to) make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up' DCSF 2008.
I mentioned how children should be made aware of their rights and that parents may not realise their children actually have them. Put in how you allow children to have an input on what you do each day, i quoted Maslows theory regarding 'self actualisation' and an NCMA quote on how childrens progress will suffer if they do not develop socially / emotionally and how things effect their self esteem etc.

B - Talked about my professional obligations (under EYFS), respecting individual children and families. I said how i look at childcare magazines to keep up to date with legislations and rights of the child etc. Being a role model, showing how you are fair and non-discriminate, explained i use a parental feedback form etc. I used quotes from riddall-leech, the UNCRC and the EYFS. This is all about WHY you do it and WHAT you do to promote their rights.

Hope some of this helps... even if you just get one idea from it!!! Good Luck xx

harrysgirl
08-07-2010, 10:24 PM
A HUGE help! - thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction :thumbsup: