PDA

View Full Version : How can i get custom?? Help :-)

S-J
05-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi all,

I am finally registered with Ofsted as a childminder, everythings great but i can't seem to get any children to mind!!!

I have my own website and i am linking that to as many appropriate websites as possible, i've leaflet dropped as well.

If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated, i am raring to go, just need some children :-)

Thanks

S-J

CHUNKY MONKEY
05-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Have you put ads in your local libraries, shops, children's centres, park cafes and on childcare.co.uk? Some charge a small fee, hope this helps :)

estrelas
05-07-2010, 01:47 PM
childcare.co.uk is fab around here

I also chatted to every person in the school playground till I was full

I aso got someone from an ad in the local chippy.

It takes time but you'll get there

Goodluck xx

padpad83
05-07-2010, 06:36 PM
also all the local school nurseries, iv'e been told by my dd future nursery teacher they are always getting asked by parents if they know of any childminders, good luck i hope the phone starts ringing :)

S-J
07-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks Everyone for your help!

I have researched all places you reccommended to put my postcards and i am off to get them all put up.

This has been so much help!

Thanks again

Sarah-Jane

auntie allie
11-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Hi all,

I am finally registered with Ofsted as a childminder, everythings great but i can't seem to get any children to mind!!!

I have my own website and i am linking that to as many appropriate websites as possible, i've leaflet dropped as well.

If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated, i am raring to go, just need some children :-)

Thanks

S-J

hi ive just had my pre reg on friday (12th), crb,s are back so just have to wait for certificate. i have a few little ones lined up already but to try and get more business i am going to invest in some magnetic signage with my logo and phone number on then attatch to outside of car. iam then goin to drive up and down past the school im picking up from at 9am and 3.30pm, hopefully this will prompt a few phone calls, or you could just park it outside and leave it there for a while, have to be quick thou they break up soon, good luck!

karensmart4
11-07-2010, 02:40 PM
hi ive just had my pre reg on friday (12th), crb,s are back so just have to wait for certificate. i have a few little ones lined up already but to try and get more business i am going to invest in some magnetic signage with my logo and phone number on then attatch to outside of car. iam then goin to drive up and down past the school im picking up from at 9am and 3.30pm, hopefully this will prompt a few phone calls, or you could just park it outside and leave it there for a while, have to be quick thou they break up soon, good luck!

I have got magnetic signage on the bonnet of my Galaxy, its parked on my driveway facing the road :) Beware though....I used to have 2 they were on drivers and passengers doors, til one day 1 flew off when I was driving down the motorway!!! oops :rolleyes: