PDA

View Full Version : pre reg visit

jessie p
05-07-2010, 10:04 AM
Just had the call from ofsted there coming to see me next tueday, the 13th unlucky for some!!! getting very nervous now, still cant get my head round the eyfs???
have done my policies, ra, parent packs? everything else??? ekkkkkkkk

x

CHUNKY MONKEY
05-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Try Sarahs ebooks on EYFS, you can find her on here - Sarah 707 I think here title is or post your questions about the EYFS. Good luck :)

jessie p
05-07-2010, 06:58 PM
thank you will have a look fingers crossed hee hee xx

padpad83
06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
good luck you will be fine! :D

angeldelight
07-07-2010, 08:24 AM
sounds like you have everything under control

You will be fine

Good luck

Angel xx

annalg
07-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Hello

I also have my visit on Tuesday!! Am so so nervous but mainly about the house & safety rather than the paperwork, EYFS etc....although when I said I hadn't completed all my paperwork she sounded a bit unsure so I must get all that done.

I just kept reading the EYFS over & over and also found that making a list if my toys and putting them in the EYFC catagories really helped it all make sense to me. I am going to print out the list and have it with me on the day.

Good Luck

Look forward to comparing notes afterwards.

SamBaker
07-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi Jessie,

I had my Pre Reg visit on Monday and my DHC1 exam today, no pressure!! The lady that came to visit me was lovely. I didn't have any of my policy's written up but I had a list of the ones I wanted to include and I told her everything I was going to do to the house and with the children in my care.
I must have been ok because she registered me!!! :clapping: I was very close to crying when she told me but managed to pinch myself very hard to stop myself lol!
I'm sure you will be absouloutly fine.

GOOD LUCK!!! :jump for joy:

Sam x

Emz
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
good luck hun x

angeldelight
07-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Jessie,

I had my Pre Reg visit on Monday and my DHC1 exam today, no pressure!! The lady that came to visit me was lovely. I didn't have any of my policy's written up but I had a list of the ones I wanted to include and I told her everything I was going to do to the house and with the children in my care.
I must have been ok because she registered me!!! :clapping: I was very close to crying when she told me but managed to pinch myself very hard to stop myself lol!
I'm sure you will be absouloutly fine.

GOOD LUCK!!! :jump for joy:

Sam x

Yes because they are there to help , advise and support you so do what Sam did and you will be fine - good luck

Well done Sam great news

:clapping:

Angel xx

jessie p
08-07-2010, 10:40 AM
thanks u guys, i have just started to do the little booklet with the questions about the eyfs and its helping loads, just have to do a few bits in the house and have a massive spring clean monday and i will be ready to go.

i am looking forward to it being over tho.

xxxxxx

jessie p
13-07-2010, 05:06 PM
mrs o came and went!! she was reallly nice!! she said how prepared i was and how nice it was to have it all out for her, have a few actions on my house like the locks on the toilet to be moved further up the doors in the toilets but that was it about it i am loud 5 under 8s including my son.
very happy tho she said i knew what i was talking about and will be a great childminder yeyyyy!!

thanks everyone for your help xxx

jessie p
13-07-2010, 05:06 PM
mrs o came and went!! she was reallly nice!! she said how prepared i was and how nice it was to have it all out for her, have a few actions on my house like the locks on the toilet to be moved further up the doors in the toilets but that was it about it i am loud 5 under 8s including my son.
very happy tho she said i knew what i was talking about and will be a great childminder yeyyyy!!

thanks everyone for your help xxx

miffy
13-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Glad it went well :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx

padpad83
15-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Well done!! :clapping: glad it went well for you! I felt so sick the running up to my pre-reg visit! But Mrs O was lovely! :D