PDA

View Full Version : I NEED A FLOATER CATCHER

angeldelight
05-07-2010, 09:50 AM
That time of year again everyone

Its a nightmare for me

2 of them flying around the house last night and me running like a mad woman with a jacket over my head screaming the place down

Floaters are back :laughing: :laughing:

Any one need a new job of floater catcher - I pay well believe me :laughing: :laughing:

For those of you that do not know - floaters = daddy long legs or dragon flies those horrible nasty things that fly and float and come at you when you least expect it

What are you scared of in the summer months ?

Angel xxx

Cammie Doodle
05-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Moths :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny really when I don't mind Butterflies!!! Moths really Freak me .Hubby thinks Im weird :blush:

angeldelight
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Moths :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny really when I don't mind Butterflies!!! Moths really Freak me .Hubby thinks Im weird :blush:

I am scared of both June

Right wimp I am ha ha

:laughing: :laughing:

xxx

charleyfarley
05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
I am scared of both June

Right wimp I am ha ha

xxx

You said it :laughing: :laughing:

Don't think I'm scarred of anything really, not even Ofsted anymore :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

mama2three
05-07-2010, 11:36 AM
daddy long legs and moths , cant stand either of the flitty horrid things. Not 'scared' of them , but dislike them a very lot!!!

Bananabrain
05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Not scared of any bugs......................................in fact I actively encourage them:laughing: they are my friends!
One exception..........
BLUEBOTTLES.
They've just gotta go!

nell57
05-07-2010, 12:03 PM
:laughing: I saw the first one of the year last night and thought of you straight away Angel, how spooky is that:eek:

Anyway mine is not a summer thing I dont do spiders anytime of the year:panic:

kindredspirits
05-07-2010, 12:05 PM
we haven't got too many floaters around but the house keeps getting full of their arachnid friends - you know those spiders that look lie floaters but without wings?!?! bleugh!!!!!! i had 5 in my bedroom yesterday - the hoover is my new best friend! :laughing: i hate killing anything but these really creep me out and i have woken up to them walking over the bed before so i do a good check every evening to see if i can get rid of any :cool:

nell57
05-07-2010, 12:06 PM
we haven't got too many floaters around but the house keeps getting full of their arachnid friends - you know those spiders that look lie floaters but without wings?!?! bleugh!!!!!! i had 5 in my bedroom yesterday - the hoover is my new best friend! :laughing: i hate killing anything but these really creep me out and i have woken up to them walking over the bed before so i do a good check every evening to see if i can get rid of any :cool:

:panic: :eek: :panic: :panic: :panic: poor you

miffy
05-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Not seen any of them yet - perhaps they're all making a b-line for your neck of the woods :laughing:

So how much is a good floater catcher worth then?

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: When you said floaters I thought you meant in the loo :blush:

sweets
05-07-2010, 12:21 PM
moths freak me out! i can just about cope with the tiny ones and can get them with a bit of loo roll or wack them with a book! (why do they turn to dust?)

but anything bigger :panic: :panic: :panic:

butterflies are so pretty but if they flutter towards to me i run away like a big girlie :laughing:

funtoplay
05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I live in Cyprus and I had a cockroach roaming around the bath yesterday as I had a shower!! There are terrantulas in next doors drain pipe and preying mantis' and lizards are regular friends in my garden....dont think i am going to be afraid of anything when i return to the uk.

Julia
x

Toothfairy
05-07-2010, 12:36 PM
My DD(15), who wants to be a photographer, took these pictures at the weekend.

Mollymop
05-07-2010, 12:40 PM
OMG its the FLOATER thread time again! lol:laughing:
Angel you get me everytime - as soon as I read your thread title I thought you meant poo!:blush: :laughing: :eek:

little chickee
05-07-2010, 02:34 PM

So did I!!!!!

huggableshelly
05-07-2010, 02:56 PM
nah soory I may be out of work but not that desperate

PixiePetal
05-07-2010, 02:56 PM
My DD(15), who wants to be a photographer, took these pictures at the weekend.

Now, I like moths and that's an elephant hawk moth - if you think thats bad you should see the caterpillar it evolved from :laughing:

can't do spiders though :panic:

WibbleWobble
05-07-2010, 03:04 PM

i though that too...but in a paddling pool!!

mandy xx

Ali56
05-07-2010, 03:22 PM
lol-i love bugs! with the exceptionoif flies-grr!
we even have names for all the spiders in the house-i have a little boy who was scared so we nick-named one bertie-bob, now all the other spiders are brothers/sisters/cousins of said spider and he loves them now!he he!!
ali x

Carpet Monkeys
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM
That time of year again everyone

Its a nightmare for me

2 of them flying around the house last night and me running like a mad woman with a jacket over my head screaming the place down

Floaters are back :laughing: :laughing:

Any one need a new job of floater catcher - I pay well believe me :laughing: :laughing:

For those of you that do not know - floaters = daddy long legs or dragon flies those horrible nasty things that fly and float and come at you when you least expect it

What are you scared of in the summer months ?

Angel xxx

Totally agree with you Angel, living in Singapore with Snakes, Denge Mosi's, and other nasty critters I could handle, but coming back here and seeing a 'floater' as you put it, made me realise just how scared of them I am. I will leave the room and as DH is away till December, think my neighbour is going to be get quite a few requests to remove them from the premises, I just can't function with them in the same room!!

mamasheshe
05-07-2010, 06:30 PM
i though that too...but in a paddling pool!!

mandy xx

sorry i thought this too :blush: :blush:

angeldelight
05-07-2010, 06:32 PM

Yes thats why everyone laughed a few years ago when I told them what I called them :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

angeldelight
05-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Totally agree with you Angel, living in Singapore with Snakes, Denge Mosi's, and other nasty critters I could handle, but coming back here and seeing a 'floater' as you put it, made me realise just how scared of them I am. I will leave the room and as DH is away till December, think my neighbour is going to be get quite a few requests to remove them from the premises, I just can't function with them in the same room!!

Glad I am not the only one

Angel xx

angeldelight
05-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Now, I like moths and that's an elephant hawk moth - if you think thats bad you should see the caterpillar it evolved from :laughing:

can't do spiders though :panic:

Honestly I really do not want to know

Angel xx