PDA

View Full Version : First obs

sp1
02-07-2010, 08:28 PM
My 17 month old mindee is coming to the end of her settling in period(gave 4 weeks) I've used this time to observe her in the things she's likes doing, what stage her developement is at etc A lot of the things we have been doing can be linked to the EYFS (which I'm finally getting my head around:thumbsup: )

I was going to write up a little report/assesment to give to the parents and start her learning journey with. For example :

OBSERVATION: XX is beginning to form a relationship with my 2 sons, will play happily along side of them etc

EYFS LINK: PSED - Making relationships

NEXT STEP: ?? Not sure about that yet:laughing:

Is this a bit school like? And more importantly will Ofsted approve :rolleyes:

I hope this makes sense :blush:

sarah707
02-07-2010, 08:37 PM
That is lovely! It's good that she is getting to know your family and I am sure her mother will like to know that.

Next steps might be something like playing sharing games with your sons to support their budding relationship or maybe taking her out to different places so she can meet other children.

:D

sp1
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Thankyou Sarah :thumbsup:

It's good to know I'm on the right tracks at last :)

sp1
08-07-2010, 11:15 AM
OK..... Getting a little stuck on "next steps" :panic:

Obs - xx is becoming more confident and is starting to explore a lot more (examples of what she's been doing)

EYFS - PSED

Next step - Taking xx to a mother and toddler group to have the oppertunity to explore new surroundings?????

She also loves playing with the little sweeping brush, pretending to polish etc, what could possibly be the next step for this :panic: :panic: