PDA

View Full Version : Few questions re insurance and Pre-reg

jessie1
30-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi All

I am fairly new still but have a few questions. I am in the process of doing my ICP course, started on Saturday and finish the 5th April, Can anyone tell me after I completed that I will send my application off to Ofsted and I believe it takes up to 4 weeks for them to come out. Is it true that because they only take the CRB forms away after visit that means I will have to wait another +- 6 weeks for results and then +- 2 weeks for certificate. So when can I apply for the grant because I will have to wait for insurance certificate as well before I can start. So am I actually still looking at 3 months in total.

Secondly my hubby sold his car recently and unfortunately I dont have my licence. But he works for a Dealership and therefore has very good family cars that we change often, therefore the Golf was sold. After he sold it he cancelled his car insurance. My question is because of hours that he work he always have Tuesdays off. If I ever want him to take us somewhere, other than asking permission from parents how do I get business car insurance sorted. Who do I contact and explain all of this as its all company cars.

I will only have my own car in new year. Sorry if it doesnt make sense but please ask and I will try and make it more simple.

Trouble
30-03-2008, 10:28 PM
i think it does take a while now theirs a few girls on here registering and some have been waiting 8 weeks for crbs to come back

you can get your business insurance through your own insurance

make sure it covers you to carry children in your car with you

but hi anyway have a look around you will see lots of good info:clapping: :clapping:

jessie1
30-03-2008, 10:44 PM
you can get your business insurance through your own insurance

make sure it covers you to carry children in your car with you

Hi

Thanks for respond.

Not sure what you mean "My Own Insurance", We dont have car insurance at all as we no longer have a car of our own and use company cars that we change every 3 months. Because we have a baby we always get Nice Family cars. Like Ford Focus or the Galaxy especially if we decide to do something for a weekend hubby can change car Friday night and bring home a 7 seater if we take family along or buggy and luggage. So not sure how the Insurance part will work.

Trouble
30-03-2008, 10:47 PM
not sure on that one, sorry

Teresa
30-03-2008, 11:13 PM
here in notts i was allowed to send off my ofsted papers when i was sure i would pass my pre reg visit, but was allowed to do my course whilst waiting on ofsted. so it worked out that i got my cert a week after i finished my course. all i had to do is show ofsted at the pre reg visit the later confirming i was booked on the courses they require.

miffy
31-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck

miffy xx

Pauline
31-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Hi

Thanks for respond.

Not sure what you mean "My Own Insurance", We dont have car insurance at all as we no longer have a car of our own and use company cars that we change every 3 months. Because we have a baby we always get Nice Family cars. Like Ford Focus or the Galaxy especially if we decide to do something for a weekend hubby can change car Friday night and bring home a 7 seater if we take family along or buggy and luggage. So not sure how the Insurance part will work.

You would have to contact your husbands company as they must have the car insured, explain that you are using it for business and ask if you will be covered.

I wouldn't take children out it in without checking you are covered otherwise your own Childminding Insurance could be invalidated.

Hope that helps. :)

jessie1
31-03-2008, 12:09 PM
thanx pauline for reply. Not sure how they will feel but prob wont be able to take them out.

angeldelight
31-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Good luck

Angel xx

Saz
01-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Again in this area you could send off the Ofsted app as soon as you were comfortable that your house was ready for the pre-reg inspection. My inspection took place less than 2 weeks after posting the forms.

But as for the insurance it might be difficult as you would need proof that you were insured to drive the vehicle (or your husband) for your own business use in particular childminding. I know when I worked for a national estate agent I initially used a pool car (any car each weekend) then had my own company car and it clearly stated in the insurance that although my hubby could drive it , it was for personal use only - not to be used in connection with any other business.