PDA

View Full Version : Still havnt attempted to tackle my accounts book ;-/

funfunfun
01-07-2010, 08:00 AM
I really am worried about my accounts book you know ...............

I officially started last week lo on holiday this week :)

I havnt wrote a single thing in there .............i should really get on top of it

am i the only one ............or is everyone else up to speed on this subject ???

miss mopple
01-07-2010, 08:25 AM
I still havent finished last years yet :laughing:

little miss chatterbox
01-07-2010, 08:43 AM
ditto! I still haven't finished last years!

funfunfun
01-07-2010, 08:54 AM
ditto! I still haven't finished last years!

I think initially when i have started i will be ok , its just i am worried about making mistakes etc

Zoomie
01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
I started in June last year and only did mine in January this year. Took me the whole month.

Isn't there a DW or a local minder who could it down with you for a few minutes ?

Ripeberry
01-07-2010, 10:58 AM
I've done the meal costs, outings and stuff I buy for CM, but I've not been doing any mileage or other costs as my husband pays the house bills :o and I use the CM money for food and stuff for our own kids.
Also I can't really claim for mileage as I have to go to school for my own kids and if I go out it's within a couple of miles anyway.
But then again it all adds up :idea:

Tink
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
My DH helps me with mine, he is my assistant and he is great with bills and has just helped me complete my Tax return.
I keep all receipts in a file and have them sectioned by months, at the end of the month we get out all the receipts along with my milage book and we do the accounts, otherwise I wouldn't know where I was.

huggableshelly
01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
use note book to add costs and fees etc then transfer it to your accounts book after.

I used to spend 1 day a month doing mine on a spreadsheet with xcell rather than using the accounts book.

funfunfun
01-07-2010, 11:25 AM
use note book to add costs and fees etc then transfer it to your accounts book after.

I used to spend 1 day a month doing mine on a spreadsheet with xcell rather than using the accounts book.

Thankyou

Have to work out start up grant but that came in and out then all the money i have spent on car seats highchairs etc etc the list is endless :-/

oh dear .......will have to sit down and do it at some point

Chatterbox Childcare
01-07-2010, 11:30 AM
What are you struggling with/unsure of?

funfunfun
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM
What are you struggling with/unsure of?

Im just not quite sure were to start if im totally honest ....i worried al make a mess of it x

Chatterbox Childcare
01-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Just sit down with the book, look at week 1 and write down what you want to claim

e.g. food = £
Toddler group = £

You will soon get the hang of it.

Does sound like you need to get your DW to help or ring for training on business with the EY department

Tinglesnark
01-07-2010, 11:45 AM
im the same :eek:
good luck

Pedagog
01-07-2010, 12:35 PM
I still havent finished last years yet :laughing:

Nor have I, I was really good for the first couple of months, but then didn't find time.:blush: