PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Boris
30-06-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm new to this so forgive me if I'm asking something that has already been asked. I have had an enquiry for a term-time only place, 3 days a week, starting in March 2011! I don't want to hold a place that long incase I get someone else to fill it but I don't want to say no! What should I do? Do I say if someone else wants the place she'll have to pay a retainer?

Also do you all charge for school holidays retainers?

Thanks x

flowerpots
30-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi, i have had an enquiry and mum wants the space but not until jan '11, so shes paying one months fees as a 'deposit' for me to hold the space open. hth

venus89
30-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I personally don't charge school holiday retainers as I'm quite happy to have an easier time of it in the holidays, with my kids being school aged. I offer the parents the opportunity to have some time with me in the summer holiday but I'm free to reject the days they choose if they're inconvenient for me.....

I'd say perhaps a deposit rather than a retainer like flowerpots. It's a long time to be paying a retainer for. Unless you could knock the cost of the retainer off their first few months' bills?